new owner of a coyote

mach504

Established Member
OK so basically guys I brought a 2011 coyote. It came with a few goodies boss 302 intake pypes exhaust. Well my 1st question is the car has to be running a tune in order to drive correct an if not how does a car sound without that tune. Reason why I ask is I found the owner an he tells me he took the tune off the car.

KPatrone

Established Member
Right but I been driving it for like 2 months would the car do anything to show no tune

The car will not give an error, but you could certainly be doing some damage to your vehicle driving without an appropriate tune for that intake. Spend a couple hundred on a tune and a tuner before you have to spend several thousand in repairs.

noldevin

Established Member
Whether or not your car is exhibiting any side effects right now, you definitely need a tune for that boss intake. Like KPatrone said, spend a couple hundred on a tune before you have to spend a few thousand on fixing your engine.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
OUCH, two months! Damage may already be done. People already said this, do not drive the car. Also you said pypes exhaust, does it have pypes longtubes? Or just a catback/axleback? If it has longtubes make sure the O2 extenders aren't installed.

Last edited:

mach504

Established Member
I been on it couple times I'm just go ahead an get a tuner an try put a tune on it hopefully nothing Is messed up :(

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I been on it couple times I'm just go ahead an get a tuner an try put a tune on it hopefully nothing Is messed up :(

You are flowing a ton of extra air with the Boss intake, without the fuel to compensate for it. The cylinders are going to run lean (hot) with this condition, especially with an up to temp engine running at wide open throttle. You could go get a compression test done to see if there is any damage to the rings. IF that checks out then slap a tune on the car and call it good man. If you damaged it you damaged it, but if engine is still running strong then just ride it out (unless you have the time and resources to tear the engine down and figure out what is going on).

I do not think that AED or Lund would tune your car with the way it has been driven. Bama will sell you a tune no questions asked, I would probably go that route if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread