New owner here

dbowles22

Established Member
Just got a 2004 3 door red SVT focus :banana:

So is there anything I need to know right off the bat?

I'm using the car as a daily driver to work and college

Is there anything that I should get for it right away?

What mods does this car respond well too?

Sorry if i'm asking to many questions i'm just excited:pepper:

qurtrn10

Established Member
Congrats on the car. I'm going to guess that you're somewhere between 80-100 thousand miles. Make sure that the timing belt has been replaced. Engine wise, the SVTs are about as good as it's gonna get unless you entertain a supercharger or turbocharger.

I just bought mine last week, so I have a small list of minor repairs/tweaks.

Post some pics up so we can see the new addition to your family!

And if you haven't run across them yet, take a look at focusfanatics.com and focaljet.com.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
tune and off road pipe (cat delete) are the best things for an SVT powerwise.

short throw shifter and counterweight delete are good as well.

then turbo the hell out of it.

dbowles22

Established Member
Congrats on the car. I'm going to guess that you're somewhere between 80-100 thousand miles. Make sure that the timing belt has been replaced. Engine wise, the SVTs are about as good as it's gonna get unless you entertain a supercharger or turbocharger.

I just bought mine last week, so I have a small list of minor repairs/tweaks.

Post some pics up so we can see the new addition to your family!

And if you haven't run across them yet, take a look at focusfanatics.com and focaljet.com.

It has 37,XXX on it right now. Ill be sure to remember the timing belt when I start to come up to that mileage though and i'll post pics as soon as I pick it up this weekend. It has new wheels and an AEM CAI. I dont really want it to be a ricer car, that's why I bought american. I look foward to gaining knowledge about these great cars from everyone and thankyou in advance :beer:

I'm looking to do a few minor bolt ons for now though and a tune sounds great.
Any advice on where to get one and some other parts from a good vendor?

qurtrn10

Established Member
Contracts on such a low mile car. If you need anything from ford, going through the Tousley dealership will save you lots of money. Otherwise, I would look at the supporting vendors of the two sites I mentioned.

Where are those pics? ;)

Last edited:

dbowles22

Established Member
Contracts on such a low mile car. If you need anything from ford, going through the Tousley dealership will save you lots of money. Otherwise, I would look at the supporting vendors of the two sites I mentioned.

Where are those pics? ;)

Well its a sad story today. The owner who I was picking up the car from on friday was in a minor accident so its going to be at least another week till I get the car :shrug:

Stevarino8

Established Member
How about a new Catback exhaust with a centered exhaust diffuser? Ford Racing may still have both available. It does enhance the look of the car and so few (SVT) Focuses have it. The car sounds better too, I know first hand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread