New Owner / 01 Zinc Yellow

SVT Sam

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Just scooped a 2001 Zinc Yellow Cobra. Figured I would drop a line a say hello. I used this forum for a lot of research before buying the car, so thanks already!

The car has pretty much been bone stock all of its life but well maintained. Quite a few receipts showing the differential rebuild, rack replacement, new clutch, fluids changed, etc.

Car has 119K miles on it. Clean interior. Minimal wear on the driver seat. Outside is in perfect shape. PO added an FM American Thunder kit, BBK CAI and its been tuned (Friend has a dyno and flashed the ECU) Car was pretty much bone stock until after 100k mi.

Overall solid car. Picked it up for $8K. I've had a couple SN95 5.0 cars and some foxes, but this is my first 4.6 car. A lot different feel from the 5.0, T5, live axle setup. Overall its a nice car and I'm really enjoying it. PO also threw in a new O/R H-Pipe as well with the sale.

Looking forward to a good build for a DD. Here is what should be ordered by next week
1) 4.10's (Was thinking 4.30's, but my daily work trip, although short at 11mi, is highway)
2) Tri-Ax
3) MM Full Length Subframe Connectors
4)Back Tires
5) New Springs, Shocks and Struts

Also need to replace the ABS Module. Light is on and the scanner can't connect to read the code. Assuming the module is toast at this point. Fuses and such already checked.

Anyway, just wanted to drop a line and check in with other owners. (Don't have the build number as of yet. Waiting on a new replacement cert from SVT)

Cheers! :-D

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Nice. Let me know if you want a abs pump got a 01 cobra one and a 02 gt one weird thing is it says v6 with traction control but defiantly came out of a gt. Will sell them at good price plus shipping and PayPal fees

SVT Sam

Established Member
Nice. Let me know if you want a abs pump got a 01 cobra one and a 02 gt one weird thing is it says v6 with traction control but defiantly came out of a gt. Will sell them at good price plus shipping and PayPal fees

Thanks. I will let you know and send you a PM. I will definitely need one just because I want the light off on the dash. Not really worried about the traction control being turned off though :)

slo984now
Welcome. Good choice in color.

Agreed!

Rentlyrent

Established Member
Hey Sam, this is Ren, glad to see you on the boards here. This is a great forum with a lot of knowledge. I was wondering if you would join or not. You've got to put some pics up.

Posted via Topify on Android

SVT Sam

Established Member
Hey Sam, this is Ren, glad to see you on the boards here. This is a great forum with a lot of knowledge. I was wondering if you would join or not. You've got to put some pics up.

Good to see you are on here as well. I will get some pics up tonight. Once the Jeep is sold (hopefully this week) we will have the car on the lift at your place. First thing is gears, then some much needed suspension work. Looks like I'm going 4 wheeling with those stock springs :)

Rentlyrent

Established Member
Yea. They sit way too high. You're welcome to drop by anytime. Can't promise the lift will be open. Lol.

SVT Sam

Established Member
As requested.

The exhaust piping needs to be cleaned up a bit. It doesn't look as bad in person as shown in the pics.

IMG_20140519_180928_zps8c32c0ed.gif

IMG_20140519_180955_zps4a33eeb1.gif

b73055e3-022d-4182-b094-0353e0b6012f_zps91273b06.gif

c4d1ff14-120d-48ae-b360-f17ff07a2eb3_zps7505eed9.gif

SVT Sam

Established Member
Enjoy. My opinion is still that a high compression 4v is one of the greatest v8 sounds made.

I concur! The sound is awesome. I liked the sound of all of the 5.0's I had built, but man....I could hear a 4.6L 2v or 4v coming way before I ever saw it. 4v definitely still has its own class of tone though.

Rentlyrent
That's not the same car we looked at. It's too clean.

Yea, just a quick bath and some wheel polish makes a decent difference. I really need to break out the rotary and polish the paint really good. It looks OK for now. Possibly some chrome FR500's and an 1.5" drop all around would really give it some wow factor. Not that it doesn't have it already, but ya know...

Users who are viewing this thread