New or returning motorcycle riders, please read

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Like a broken record, you keep skipping. Show us where you managed to drum up these almighty statistics from.

You claim that younger riders are the majority of riders on the sport bikes are major contributors to the death toll, yet statistics show that the death toll for these riders has dropped nearly 50%. What's the deal????

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
05 Roush said:
Like a broken record, you keep skipping. Show us where you managed to drum up these almighty statistics from.

You claim that younger riders are the majority of riders on the sport bikes are major contributors to the death toll, yet statistics show that the death toll for these riders has dropped nearly 50%. What's the deal????

Claims and death tolls are different, moron. People drop sportbikes and cause damage, hence claims. Seriously, you are kind of an idiot, aren't you?

Where did I say that younger riders are major contributors to the death toll?

Last edited:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
05 Roush said:
Good. Now:

Ok, let me get this straight. You're saying that any motorized vehicle that has the velocity of an F-16 fighter jet can be controlled on the streets at all times? What's the purpose of a 500 lb motorcycle with the engine size rivaling a Honda Civic? Daily commuting?

No sportbike has an engine the size of a Civic.

Yes, any sportbike can be controlled on the street at all times. It's called training and skill. You wouldn't know, because:

a) you don't ride

b) you don't read, you just make things up

05 Roush said:
I can't tell you how many times I've seen experienced riders slam into other vehicles, or seen the aftermath of a spill, collision, or other catastrophy. No helmet or suit is going to protect you. We live in a state where the average life expectancy of any rider is 2.5 years.

How many times have you seen this mythical collision? Does Unkle Cletus call you out when there's a good one?

An average life expectancy of 2.5 years? Well what do you expect starting them out that young? They haven't even developed their motor skills yet.

05 Roush said:
Just because you're a "pro" doesn't mean you can control other vehicles on the road either, especially when you're going Mach II in the left lane, weaving through traffic like butter. I don't care if you've been riding for 1 day or 10 years, it's only a matter of time before the crunch is experienced.

Well, I'm 34 and have been street riding since I was 18. How come I haven't died yet? Also, death tolls have been dropping in my age group, sales have risen. I guess there are a lot of people that may not be weaving through traffic? Maybe they're doing, what we call, riding safely?

05 Roush said:
Any machine that runs lower than 11 seconds on any public road should be flagged for serious scrutany IMO. Your body simply can't react fast enough at the speeds they travel on roads of these kinds. And let's not kid ourselves about restraint. You don't ride around on a bike like these if it's intent is for "track use".

Well, you never have to worry about the Roush then, since it can't break 14s

Once again, why aren't myself and all of my friends dead?

05 Roush said:
Stop the BS and start calling these rockets for what they are...death on wheels.
Cars crash more often. They are death on wheels. You're driving one of the most deadly vehicles. Although slow, it is heavy and has no weight in the rear end of the truck. It brakes like shit and handles like shit. We should ban it.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
I used to ride a 1983 Suzuki 1100 E sport bike, the predecessor to the Hayabusa. so damn fast it scared me. I only put 3800 miles on it and then sold it. Too many close calls, even though I am a pretty safety oriented driver. My brother bought a yamaha 2005 R1 and sold it after only driving 75 miles! Too much bike so he bought Earl's drag 2003 Cobra instead! Wanted a ten second quarter mile vehicle! There is a disturbing increase in over 40 single vehicle motorcycle crash accidents from high speed loss of control inless experienced drivers. I blame the nut behind the wheel or handlebars for such losses. My personal conclusion was the risk was too great given all the distracted drivers on the road. I love speed but I also love to walk and enjoy life.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
If and when I buy a bike i'm going to buy a GSXR-1000. I have this thing called a comfort zone. The comfort zone tends to expand as does your seat time and experience. I by no means plan to get on this bike and romp away. I know my limit and the bike WILL not do anything on it's own. It is the rider who determines what speed, how fast to accelerate, not the bike. I'm 18 and my mind set when I ride a bike is that everyone is trying to hit me and I have to be alert 24/7.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
spyder1337 said:
If and when I buy a bike i'm going to buy a GSXR-1000. I have this thing called a comfort zone. The comfort zone tends to expand as does your seat time and experience. I by no means plan to get on this bike and romp away. I know my limit and the bike WILL not do anything on it's own. It is the rider who determines what speed, how fast to accelerate, not the bike. I'm 18 and my mind set when I ride a bike is that everyone is trying to hit me and I have to be alert 24/7.
Statistically, you will fail. You don't know what it takes to ride a bike and will learn all of the bad habits. I don't care how mature you think you are, you can spot someone who learned on a literbike a mile away. Always practicing horrible habits.

Try to convince yourself you're the different one, statistics don't lie. I've been riding since I was 5, been racing since I was 18. I ride a 600 and am significantly faster than most literbike owners. Especially ones who learn on them.

Don't believe me? Do a search for 2005 GSXR1000 parts on ebay. Where do you think all of these spares come from?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
XtremeAceX said:
Kneedragger.. I thought u quit smackdown for the like.. 6th time like 2 months ago? lol
I just wanted to get shithead out of this thread. I am trying to educate people, not argue with the retarded.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
05 Roush said:
Good. Now:

Ok, let me get this straight. You're saying that any motorized vehicle that has the velocity of an F-16 fighter jet can be controlled on the streets at all times? What's the purpose of a 500 lb motorcycle with the engine size rivaling a Honda Civic? Daily commuting?

I can't tell you how many times I've seen experienced riders slam into other vehicles, or seen the aftermath of a spill, collision, or other catastrophy. No helmet or suit is going to protect you. We live in a state where the average life expectancy of any rider is 2.5 years.

Just because you're a "pro" doesn't mean you can control other vehicles on the road either, especially when you're going Mach II in the left lane, weaving through traffic like butter. I don't care if you've been riding for 1 day or 10 years, it's only a matter of time before the crunch is experienced.

Any machine that runs lower than 11 seconds on any public road should be flagged for serious scrutany IMO. Your body simply can't react fast enough at the speeds they travel on roads of these kinds. And let's not kid ourselves about restraint. You don't ride around on a bike like these if it's intent is for "track use".

Stop the BS and start calling these rockets for what they are...death on wheels.

Where your "OASIS" report for this one....every thread you start shit you bring up an "OASIS" report :rolleyes:

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Double"O" said:
Where your "OASIS" report for this one....every thread you start shit you bring up an "OASIS" report :rolleyes:

Your capacity for clever thinking has just been breached. My suggestion is to get as many of what little of your brain cells into the life boat before the Double"O" dingy sinks.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
05 Roush said:
Your capacity for clever thinking has just been breached. My suggestion is to get as many of what little of your brain cells into the life boat before the Double"O" dingy sinks.

think of that all by yourself did ya???

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
kneedragger said:
Statistically, you will fail. You don't know what it takes to ride a bike and will learn all of the bad habits. I don't care how mature you think you are, you can spot someone who learned on a literbike a mile away. Always practicing horrible habits.

Try to convince yourself you're the different one, statistics don't lie. I've been riding since I was 5, been racing since I was 18. I ride a 600 and am significantly faster than most literbike owners. Especially ones who learn on them.

Don't believe me? Do a search for 2005 GSXR1000 parts on ebay. Where do you think all of these spares come from?

Care to go into detail about these "bad habits"? I'm curious.

Users who are viewing this thread