metco 3.2 alt pulley

60# injectors
NGK TR6 gapped at 33
BAP
SCT2400
XCAL2 tune

91 Octane tune
Boost hit 18# and then dropped to about 16# higher in the rpm range
Do high boosted ported Heatons hold their boost usually. I dont notice any belt dust as of yet and was chalking it up to inefficiency.

Do you think a 93 octane tune will bring up the power?

I know the rpms are high on the dyno as i was having a tps issue before hand and they wanted to see if it measured correctly.

Dynojet numbers
dyno26ly.jpg

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
03 svtvenom said:
I think your numbers are low.

I think your numbers are REAL low, please tell me you have at least an aftermarket midpipe. With that much boost you SHOULD have longtube headers. Also who tuned you car and what temp was it and the ambient humidity so that we can have a little more to go on.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Actually, I know for a fact that is a Mustang Dyno Sheet.

Your numbers on a dyno-jet would most likely be:

510 hp
533 tq.

And that sounds about right to me.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Actually, I know for a fact that is a Mustang Dyno Sheet.

Your numbers on a dyno-jet would most likely be:

510 hp
533 tq.

And that sounds about right to me.

That would definitely be more like it. :thumbsup:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would say that you could most likely get by with about 19* of timing at the least on 91 octane. But I don't know what your A/F numbers look like.

sho95

Established Member
Yes it was on a mustang dyno but the tuner said he put it into dynojet numbers.
I am not a tuner so i dont know if that is possible.
The air fuel ratio was right around 12. with him being plugged into the 02 sensor in the stock midpipe.

sho95

Established Member
temp was about 40 to 45
humidity was set to around 24%
I hear the MRT catted H is supposed to be good with the borlas?

Machinator

Banned
sho95 said:
Iwith him being plugged into the 02 sensor in the stock midpipe.

Here is a major reason your number are so bad, all that air is not getting out fast enough, get some good exhaust and find a BETTER TUNER. This guy prob doesnt know his stuff.

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
I think you can make pretty good numbers with the stock midpipe.

not sure about that.... especially with a ported blower. just pullied may not make a huge diff 15-20 rwhp but up the boost and a port and i think it makes a BIG diff

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
I just put down 450hp/464tq with a 2.93 upper,JLT cold air,Steeda cat back and a tune by Sambandit. these were on a dynojet dyno.

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
Machinator said:
I think your numbers are REAL low, please tell me you have at least an aftermarket midpipe. With that much boost you SHOULD have longtube headers. Also who tuned you car and what temp was it and the ambient humidity so that we can have a little more to go on.

just asking why longtubes with that much boost?

Shaun

Machinator

Banned
green99svtsnake said:
just asking why longtubes with that much boost?

Shaun

Because he said at peak boost he is seeing 18 psi, in reality that is alot of boost and is creating ALOT of heat that is trapped in the motor and robbing Hp and tq not to mention potential motor damage. Longtubes and a good shorty midpipe would probably give him a good 35 rwhp and tq, as compared to the stock manifolds and that ultra restrictive stock midpipe.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
On your dyno sheet, it says your timing is 15.75??? This is super low, even for 91 octane. I would say shoot for 19-20 with the 91 and you'll get some nice RWHP improvements.

But, there are some inconsistencies with your dyno results......your RWHP #'s are actually a little high for a Mustang Dyno. If we use 8% as the correction factor for the MD vs. the Dynojet, you're RWHP number would be at 525 or so.

And your 2.93/4 lb lower combo should get you about 16+/- lbs of boost. Haven't seen anyone with this one get 18 lbs, especially with a ported blower.

sho95

Established Member
IronTerp said:
On your dyno sheet, it says your timing is 15.75??? This is super low, even for 91 octane. I would say shoot for 19-20 with the 91 and you'll get some nice RWHP improvements.

But, there are some inconsistencies with your dyno results......your RWHP #'s are actually a little high for a Mustang Dyno. If we use 8% as the correction factor for the MD vs. the Dynojet, you're RWHP number would be at 525 or so.

And your 2.93/4 lb lower combo should get you about 16+/- lbs of boost. Haven't seen anyone with this one get 18 lbs, especially with a ported blower.

Thanks for the info guys. I do plan on getting the MRT catted H pipe to go with the stingers in the spring. Car is away for the winter right now. Might bring it out one more time before the insurance is up.

My tuner showed me results on the mustang dyno which were around 460HP and then said he switched the computer to put out Dynojet numbers which ended up being the 486. I am not a dyno freek (dont go to the dyno much) so i dont pretend to know what he is talking about. this is the first time and this is the info i was shared.

As for the boost, 16 is what i was shooting for and thats why i got the combo of the 2.93 and 4# lower. Maybe its the efficiency of the stage 3 port.
They had an aftermarket autometer gauge hooked into the boost line under the hood. I was holding the boost gauge in my hand still in the package with the hose connected. Read it with my own eyes 18 dropping to 16. Maybe the gauge was bad (No shots at autometer intended) I was standing 10 feet away with it. Car was loud as hell.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
15.75* of timing is stupid low...for every * of timing you'll see about 10 hp...no joke at all there's nothing wrong with your combo..just the tune...or should i say tooner...lol..good luck and report back with bumped timing numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread