new numbers for the cobra

venm4u97

Established Member
had my S trim rebuilt and upgraded to a SI trim and tossed it on a few weeks ago... was hoping for around 425-450 rwhp...but ended up laying down 564 rwhp and 500 tq at 14.3psi...yikes!!! sooo unexpected..I didn't believe the guy when he told me...last time I had it tuned was at 387 rwhp..so i wasn't expecting much more....this was only a pull...not a dyno tune...I gained 147 rwhp with a different crank pulley(IW 10% overdrive) and SI trim upgrade....I didn't care if it blew since i have a new shortblock for winter....once I get the graph Ill post it....530 corrected rwhp

combo:

stock block and trans..crazy I know
blow thru SI trim fmic 42lb injectors..mid pipe catback throttle body

didn't get the graph on vid but here's a 1/4 run I did

Blow Through Cobra SI Trim - YouTube

JP_Stang

Established Member
Wow! That's crazy man! What other supporting mods do you have? That is a big number for only 14lbs. of boost on a stock motor.....

Either way congrats! Once you get that new built shortblock in, I think it's going to be time to upgrade those injectors/possibly the whole fuel system and see what she can do then. :burnout:

venm4u97

Established Member
Wow! That's crazy man! What other supporting mods do you have? That is a big number for only 14lbs. of boost on a stock motor.....

Either way congrats! Once you get that new built shortblock in, I think it's going to be time to upgrade those injectors/possibly the whole fuel system and see what she can do then. :burnout:

yea i have 80's and a glens performance 1000hp sump fuel system for it...should be alright

venm4u97

Established Member

just a 255 walbro and the injectors....trust me...they were maxed:rockon:

venm4u97

Established Member
2012-09-27080001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread