New Nitrous System (Wet) w\ Plate

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I came up with an idea a while ago. I finally decided to put it to use. First off I have no idea if someone else came up with this, or has it, using it etc... I'm not selling anything now, and I'm not an "authorized vendor". This is just something that meets my needs and wants, but no one else seems to be selling it.

I'm in the process now of having Rich from strictly pro make me a 3\4" (0.75) spacer for between the stock eaton blower and the lower intake. This plate is going to be used as a fogger plate. The spacer is going to be drilled and tapped to accept 4 nitrous fogger nozzles.

I have a fogger system on my truck, with a seperate fuel system. To me this looks the best and performs the best. I like using a wet system, and I've heard that putting fuel through the blower isn't a good idea.

Using the spacer as a fogger plate, each nozzle would be spraying down into the lower intake after the intercooler. 2 soliniods for fuel & nitrous. 2 ditribution blocks. 1 Gal. fuel cell under the hood, with pump regulator and gauge, steel braided lines, purge, wiring etc.....

I haven't determined any mounting points for anything, how the lines would be bent from the distribution block to the nozzles, where to mount the fuel cell... anything. I have room up front for the cell, others probably won't, my battery is in the trunk etc..

I'm just curious if anyone would be interested in my idea, or be interested in some type of kit with everything you need complete? Although anyone else can piece it together just as I did. But I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Once I get the spacer, and a few things ready I'll take some pics. I still at this point don't know about any fitting issues.

red03dave

Established Member
NOPE.... The NOS kit is a plate that sits between the TB and plenum, well before the charger, which means that the fuel and nitrous would be compressed and cycled just like the rest of the intake air which is what I think he is wanting to avoid. Doing it the way he described ir or plans to... the Nitrous and Fuel would be sprayed from below the charger and directly into the lower manifold. Sounds great to me BUT, I would try and find a way to have the Nitrous be sprayed just below the charger and NOT beneath the intercooler if possible . .. this way you could cool your intercooler while at it. Who knows? Actually the Nitrous would be much more potent and cold itself if it did not have to go through the intercooler first so... nevermind. LMAO

Good idea, hope it works well and comes together nicely.

Dave

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
Oh hell yeah. Bout time someone took some action on this. After reading more and more about Nitrous I thought about the same idea. Let me know how it works, and I'll be #1 in line.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I would definitely be insterested in this! But I would worry about the fuel rail clearance (as far as bolting the rails to the blower).

dougwg

Established Member
watch out for clearance issues with your hood to the IAC

other then that...Good Idea!

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Would a plate between the blower and the lower intake jack up how the intercooler tubes come through the front. I'm not sure if people will understand what I'm trying to say but you all know how we have to undo the lower intake and angle it up so we can take the intercooler how bolts off. Well if the blower was raised an inch, wouldn't those tubes be angled down and not fit properly?

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
SWEET94COBRA said:
Would a plate between the blower and the lower intake jack up how the intercooler tubes come through the front. I'm not sure if people will understand what I'm trying to say but you all know how we have to undo the lower intake and angle it up so we can take the intercooler how bolts off. Well if the blower was raised an inch, wouldn't those tubes be angled down and not fit properly?

It would raze it depending on how thick the plate is would determine clearance issues

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Alright. Glad to see a little positive feedback.

First step is getting the Plate (spacer). I'll be waiting on a call for the info on cost. Then I'll have it as soon as it takes to get made and shipped. So untill then it's nothing.

But when it starts to go together I'll get some pics etc... and update the thread.

As far as clearance issues go, I guess once figured all out, it would be possible to go thinner on the spacer. But threading 1\8" holes for the nozzles, I wanted some meat on the plate so I'm trying 3\4" first. If need be I guess I'm willing to change the hood.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
That sound like a very workable idea. And it would eliminate one of the biggest worries about sending nitrous, or nitrous and fuel through the blower. And that is having the teflon(?) coating eaten off the impellers. But, by using the Holley/NOS plate before your blower, would the cold gas being injected into it cool it down? So many options, so little money.

larryc7777

Established Member
This might be more trouble than you want to go to, BUT......instead of using a stand alone fuel supply, you could utilize the stock fuel tank as your source for fuel. The best way would be to have a separate fuel pickup(for the N2O system) and then run a new fuel line to an inline electric pump(Mallory, MSD, Bosch, ect.); to a pressure regulator; and then to the fuel solenoid.
Another way would be to mount a small 5 gallon or so fuel cell in the spare tire well and go from there.
Also, the fogger nozzles used on motorcycle kits have 1/16" pipe thread ends. Using these would allow you to make the spacer thinner.
Good Luck with your plan. :thumbsup:

Brad

Banned
Not sure if this was mentioned but did you make sure the hood is going to close? I think we've only got like 1/4" an inch as it is. Other than that cool idea minus the clearence issues, plus the EGR is going to be a PITA to move almost an inch up, it hardly wants to fit back into the stock location for me. Although I kinda like spraying through the blower as cooling it yields huge gains.

Last edited:

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I have no clue how things are going to fit. But I'm sure I'll find out.

I know I could just use the gas tank to supply fuel to the no2 system, but my point for running a seperate tank is to use different fuel.

My car is going to have a 93 oct street tune in it. I would use 110-116 in the cell for the n02 system. Just added benifit of having a little race gas sprayed in with the n02.

I guess I'll find out how it works. It might suck to waste money on the spacer. I might have to get a couple made now to try different clearance issues. But for now I'll stick with whats planned.

Good idea on the smaller nozzles if need also!

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
I like the spacer idea but not for N20 but rather to integrate a Snows Water Injection kit after the blower. I could then pulley up for 20+ PSI for track days, and cool the air charge AND add octane through methanol (instead of race gas). Let me know how much the spacer alone would cost and if it fits under the stock hood.

Users who are viewing this thread