New Mustang GT at the track...

LittleMT

Established Member
Here is the new GT staging..

gt-1.jpg

and it runs a mind boggling 16.02@92mph...

gt-2.jpg

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
I think it's funny that magazines seem to find a way to run low 13's in them stock and yet the actual consumers can barley hit high 13's stock. What gives? :shrug:

joeclams9

Established Member
I have a buddy who ran 13.2 last weekend in his new gt with slicks and racing gas but not much else....and that was at a decent altitude too!

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
joeclams9 said:
I have a buddy who ran 13.2 last weekend in his new gt with slicks and racing gas but not much else....and that was at a decent altitude too!

Racing gas wont help him unless he has a tune but give me slicks and I will hit low 13's as well.

LittleMT

Established Member
The air density was 7300ft.... and the was some slight rain droplets which further killed traction. I don't know if this car was a auto, I did see that it was a big guy driving, not fat, but big. Whether he could drive or not, who knows, but when the DA hits 7000+, cars really suffer up here....

NameBlast44

Established Member
4.6 Rocket said:
I think it's funny that magazines seem to find a way to run low 13's in them stock and yet the actual consumers can barley hit high 13's stock. What gives? :shrug:
Thought most mags were getting mid to high 13s with them...?

LtDavis

Established Member
Almost everyone who works for mags like muscle mustang and 5.0 mustang are semi-pro drag racers or at least have LOTS of experience drag racing. Plus they run cars with a 1/4 tank of gas and take the spare out, etc... Those things combined probably help to lower e/ts a lot.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
The best mag time I have seen is 13.5. That was Mustang monthly after the 2nd or 3rd test with it. Most are hitting low 14s high 13s.

7000ft, and a bad driver, yep, I can see low 16s.

Looks like a GT with some rousch decor?

GoNSyco

Established Member
I saw a guy here hit 12's and they decided not to prep the track, a vette (C5) couldn't even break into the 14's that day. It was obviously modded, but didn't seem to have to much done to it. I couldn't tell other than exhaust. After each run they'd put it in a trailor.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
4.6 Rocket said:
I think it's funny that magazines seem to find a way to run low 13's in them stock and yet the actual consumers can barley hit high 13's stock. What gives?

I always thought it was the other way around. :shrug:

C&D managed to get a 14.8 out of a 99 GT, and they are supposedly "professional" drivers.

My first time at any track was with my bone stock 99 GT and I managed a 14.5@97 on my very first pass ever. I had a best of 14.2@99 - bone stock.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Well this gt guy didn't drive well whatever the reason. C&D and the other one aren't really drag racers, compared to 5.0 or mm&ff. In any case each will have different results, regular ol drivers included. I would think the 05's would be a lil easier to launch cause of weight distribution, but haven't driven one yet.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
GoNSyco said:
I saw a guy here hit 12's and they decided not to prep the track, a vette (C5) couldn't even break into the 14's that day. It was obviously modded, but didn't seem to have to much done to it. I couldn't tell other than exhaust. After each run they'd put it in a trailor.
Probably didn't see the blower under the hood. No way a lightly modded '05 GT runs 12's even on sticky tires! :coolman:

JMD0346

Established Member
I think thats a V6. They are selling a package on V6's that looks just like that. You can buy it right from the dealer. I looked at some a few weeks ago when I went to look at trucks. They look like theyre badass but theyre obvioulsy not. I could be wrong but im pretty sure thats what that is.

LittleMT

Established Member
JMD0346 said:
I think thats a V6. They are selling a package on V6's that looks just like that. You can buy it right from the dealer. I looked at some a few weeks ago when I went to look at trucks. They look like theyre badass but theyre obvioulsy not. I could be wrong but im pretty sure thats what that is.

Its a V8, I saw it up close. A v6 would trap even lower at that altitude.

Users who are viewing this thread