New MT DR options coming

railroad

Established Member
That ET Street SS in 305/35/20 sure looks good. For some reason I am having reservations about the 315/35/20 NT05s.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
The street SS looks damn near identical to the ET street they have available now. I got my best 60 foot on stock suspension with that tire. 1.6 with the mickey Best Nitto nto5r was 1.8's

So the Mickeys do work better for me vs the nitto. they're softer, so they'll also wear faster.

I'll be getting a set of them again without even thinking.

my13Elenor

Established Member
I've had both Mickey's and presently NTO5 R, the Mickey's hook better no question at least on the street, that being said they wore out for me in less than a year, and I only put maybe 2,000 miles on them

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
How lousy is it to drive on these DR's? I suspect "squishy" handling because of the intentionally soft sidewalls but I'm wondering if it would be more annoying than I could tolerate.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
It feels like you are driving on 2 flat back tires. once you hit 100, game on!

Damn, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping to find something I could leave on the car all the time, but I'm not willing to sacrifice THAT much handling. Thanks for the head's up.

U LOSE

Established Member
Damn, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping to find something I could leave on the car all the time, but I'm not willing to sacrifice THAT much handling. Thanks for the head's up.

I just got done driving on my 305/35/20 MT's for a week. Definitely does not handle very good. I can still drive the car normal. Just cant take turns in a "sporty" fashion. But on the other hand I had a couple of dig races over the weekend, and needless to say i won them all.

paluka21

Established Member
I just got done driving on my 305/35/20 MT's for a week. Definitely does not handle very good. I can still drive the car normal. Just cant take turns in a "sporty" fashion. But on the other hand I had a couple of dig races over the weekend, and needless to say i won them all.

You should head out to race the Fatt-Catt guy when he's running DR's too. I know, you're not stock, but would still be interesting to see how you guys compare.

U LOSE

Established Member
You should head out to race the Fatt-Catt guy when he's running DR's too. I know, you're not stock, but would still be interesting to see how you guys compare.

Yeah i saw him at hooters a couple of weeks ago and we talked about getting some runs in sometime. Maybe after texas mile I will hit him up and see when we can do something.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It feels like you are driving on 2 flat back tires. once you hit 100, game on!

MT are like that, NT05Rs are not.
I've never had MTs on this car but others and yes, you know its a drag radial.
The NT05Rs I have on 11" wheels are really great.
This new MT s/s might be better, but my street cars all run Nitto DRs, my strip Fox has MT DRs.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
How lousy is it to drive on these DR's? I suspect "squishy" handling because of the intentionally soft sidewalls but I'm wondering if it would be more annoying than I could tolerate.

Try the 555Rs on stock wheels, you wouldn't be disappointed.
You would with a MT from what you've posted.
555R for street and rare strip as you mentioned dedicated road course wheels/tires.
-J

railroad

Established Member
Well, the soft sidewalls on the NT05 has me rethinking buying them. I am liking what I hear about the Toyo R888 in 285/35 and the Nitto 555r in 305/35. The Toyo's seem to be priced a little higher. I could do that if it is a better choice. I have some 555rs on another car. They hold the power (430 whp) on it well, but did have some instability at 120+mph. Still fence riding on this.
Well, looks like they are about the same price. I thought the Nits were a little cheaper.
The toyos have a AA dry trac rating and Nits an A, but the Nits are a bit larger.

Last edited:

badmammajamma

Established Member
I just bought NT05r 315/35/20 put them on SVTPP rims and they ride beautifully..paired with Michelin 275/40/r19 up front. They ride like I am on velcro..then again I just canned my GY's with 10K miles on them..

twawsico

Established Member
MT are like that, NT05Rs are not.
I've never had MTs on this car but others and yes, you know its a drag radial.
The NT05Rs I have on 11" wheels are really great.
This new MT s/s might be better, but my street cars all run Nitto DRs, my strip Fox has MT DRs.
-J

I just bought NT05r 315/35/20 put them on SVTPP rims and they ride beautifully..paired with Michelin 275/40/r19 up front. They ride like I am on velcro..then again I just canned my GY's with 10K miles on them..

I'll get mine on the car this weekend :)
NT05Rs_zps6pryj513.jpg

PC03GT

Established Member
I just put a set of mickeys on my rtr rims. They hook like a mofo, but they take a lot of fun out of driving on the back roads

Users who are viewing this thread