New MRT hood struts installed

95FSTCOBRA

Established Member
Good friend of mine got me these mrt hood struts for christmas. :banana:
I think these are pretty cool. :rockon: got her cleaned also.
1324957995.gif

1324957988.gif

1324957985.gif

1324957981.gif

1324957969-2.jpg

IMG_20111212_165819.jpg

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Great looking addition to your Cobra ... now all that Cobra owners need is a sure fire way of latching the hood without having to slam it down.

I always felt a new, quality latch, would do wonders ... but, never got around to it.:shrug:

4.6+5.0

Established Member
Great looking addition to your Cobra ... now all that Cobra owners need is a sure fire way of latching the hood without having to slam it down.

I always felt a new, quality latch, would do wonders ... but, never got around to it.:shrug:

I thought i was the only one with this problem on my 98, I have to slam it down for the latch to catch.

Cobranator

Established Member
Is there any drilling required? How exactly do they fasten to the hood and the fender?

No drilling required....these are no drill hood struts. You get fender brackets that bolt on to the fender using the stock fender bolts and a hood bracket that you bolt on to the hood hinge using the existing nuts.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I'd really like some of these, and it's awesome that it doesn't require drilling. Clean car as always OP.

CzchMex

Established Member

I don't have to slam mine. I just latch it and push, and it catches. Now my 93 Foxbody! I almost had to let the hood drop from a completely open position to get that one to close

So no drilling???????? SOLD

I want them now. Who has the best prices for them?

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
There is a mod so you don't have to slam the hood. It involves taking the radiator shroud off and the latch assembly so you can add a washer to a little metal clip. It's on this site somewhere, but I couldn't find it again. I did this to my car and all i have to do is press gently and it latches perfectly.

harvboi05

Established Member
every time i caught my elbow on the prop rod and thought the hood was gunna collapse on my head, i was pissed i hadnt found a no drill kit. as soon as i found these, i bought em. i bought em right from MRT. pissed i didnt find em til the end of this summer. took about 15min to put on and easy to get everything aligned.

Users who are viewing this thread