new motor, wont crank help me!

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
Hey guys, I have a 96 gt that ive done a full 4v swap , heres the issue:

The car wont crank off the key, if I cross the points on the starter with a screwdriver it will start and run everytime I checked power at the starter its 11-12 all day, the clutch safety switch is good and working, its just not triggerin the starter Someone help me lol

rideorange812

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a 96 gt that ive done a full 4v swap , heres the issue:

The car wont crank off the key, if I cross the points on the starter with a screwdriver it will start and run everytime I checked power at the starter its 11-12 all day, the clutch safety switch is good and working, its just not triggerin the starter Someone help me lol

You just answered your own question. Get a wire diagram and chase the starter wire. Check grounds, fuses, relays, and the starter power wire. You will fin your issue. Good luck it's always fun chasing motor swap issues.

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
Replaced all ground wires with new ones and terminals, the relay isnt clicking period. But the fuse box is getting full power and the starter power cables getting constant full pwr

tpr103

Established Member
SACK! >>>>>:burn:<<<<< your car! Burn it to the ground!

Seriously though make sure you give a good description. You relocated the battery to the trunk. Ran the + from battery to the fuse box. :shrug:

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Do you have a volt meter? Check from the relay backwards. If the relay isn't getting power then keep tracing backward until you find where the power stops.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Try adjusting the clutch again if that is something you think it could be. Exact same issue came up when I replaced the clutch in my fox. Got down, adjusted the clutch to where it engages near the top, so it has to tell the car it's engaged. Started right up, then adjusted the pedal travel again.

Users who are viewing this thread