New motor swap?

DaiLLestFigure

Blown 99 Cobra
Established Member
Question,

Replacing a 99 Mustang motor. Since i have the tranny and motor out already, should i just replace the 99 cobra with a supercharged motor of the 03-04's. How much difference is there between the two and which has more potential. I'm upset that i couldn't get the 2.4L Blowzilla KB supercharger if i keep the stock 99 motor, i could only get a 2.2L. I want to try and get around the 600rwhp, but what's you're opinion? Has any one come to ask the same question or tried it and succeded. Also, can i use a 03-04 Cobra bumber on my 99? Thanks again

Dave

dougwg

Established Member
DaiLLestFigure said:
Question,

Replacing a 99 Mustang motor. Since i have the tranny and motor out already, should i just replace the 99 cobra with a supercharged motor of the 03-04's. How much difference is there between the two and which has more potential. I'm upset that i couldn't get the 2.4L Blowzilla KB supercharger if i keep the stock 99 motor, i could only get a 2.2L. I want to try and get around the 600rwhp, but what's you're opinion? Has any one come to ask the same question or tried it and succeded. Also, can i use a 03-04 Cobra bumber on my 99? Thanks again

Dave

yes

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
If you're looking to get into the 600RWHP ballpark, you should do the swap with a 03-04 Cobra motor. It's just too easy to get that kinda power out of these engines.

Users who are viewing this thread