New Motor Swap?

DaiLLestFigure

Blown 99 Cobra
Established Member
Question,

Replacing a 99 Mustang motor. Since i have the tranny and motor out already, should i just replace the 99 cobra with a supercharged motor of the 03-04's. How much difference is there between the two and which has more potential. I'm upset that i couldn't get the 2.4L Blowzilla KB supercharger if i keep the stock 99 motor, i could only get a 2.2L. I want to try and get around the 600rwhp, but what's you're opinion? Has any one come to ask the same question or tried it and succeded. Also, can i use a 03-04 Cobra bumber on my 99? Thanks again

Dave

Wrench

Established Member
for the price it will cost you to buy that motor setup you could build a better one. and the bumper will work for you. research the price of the motor swap and then start talking to reputable builders and see what you can get for the same money. Take my word for it you will be suprised. I had a 01 cobra motor built for a twin turbo setup( wich I am breaking in right now ) and the cost of the turbo setup and still came in under the cost of a NEW 03-04 cobra setup. I will be able to put almost 800hp to the wheels for less money. look it over before you do it

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
it prob be cheaper to just build ur motor.and wont a kenne bell 2.2l put you at 600 rwhp,if you have er at 17 pounds of boost.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The KB 2.4 has very little benefit over the 2.2 Kb at boost pressures under 21 psi. 21 PSI on a properly tuned 2.2 KB setup is close to 700hp, so you don't need the KB 2.4.

As said previously it's going to be cheaper for you to build your motor then go with a new 03/04 motor. Not only that but your motor will be stronger. The 03/04 motor is a great factory peice but it's just that, a factory piece. It does have it's fweaknesses.

Have your current engine built. If you want swap to 03/04 heads. Then put a KB 2.2 on it and have some fun.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Torch10th said:
The KB 2.4 has very little benefit over the 2.2 Kb at boost pressures under 21 psi. 21 PSI on a properly tuned 2.2 KB setup is close to 700hp, so you don't need the KB 2.4.

As said previously it's going to be cheaper for you to build your motor then go with a new 03/04 motor. Not only that but your motor will be stronger. The 03/04 motor is a great factory peice but it's just that, a factory piece. It does have it's fweaknesses.

Have your current engine built. If you want swap to 03/04 heads. Then put a KB 2.2 on it and have some fun.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
i was wondering the same question... after driving my buddys pullied ported blower 03 cobra.. makes me want a little more pawr... :D

Users who are viewing this thread