New motor, new pb on the mountain

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Today was the maiden track trip of the fresh motor. It's a shortblock I built with the usual Manley internals, slightly raised compression, Boss exh cams and a 2.9 on E85. Stock auto with a 4C converter. (yes you read that right)

First out of the gate was a half track pass with a passenger and a 1.50 60' Didn't make out too well trying to slow to 14.0. Ended up being 11.7 at 68 mph. Oops

Then I swapped the front skinnies on, dug out the helmet and belts, 10.3 at 132.

Put the bigger pulley on to check vs most prior runs this year, 10.5/132, it gained a tenth or two with the same DA.

Smaller pulley back on and let the car cool for 45 minutes. 10.23/134.86 with a 1.46 60'. Oh and the Density Altitude was 8000 feet. Not bad for a 250 mile motor.

Might have a vid tomorrow. :shrug:

Bud

Established Member
Vids are in process of uploading, will shoot you links when they are done. Slow DSL is slow

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Great runs for the DA, congrats. Do you have any idea how much power you are making compared to the old motor setup?

Not sure yet. The dyno says one thing and the track another. It doesn't look like I gained much power, mostly the ability to handle the small pulley without blowing up.

duece.. don't sweat the vid, was gonna grab it tomorrow.

darreng505

Established Member
Today was the maiden track trip of the fresh motor. It's a shortblock I built with the usual Manley internals, slightly raised compression, Boss exh cams and a 2.9 on E85. Stock auto with a 4C converter. (yes you read that right)

First out of the gate was a half track pass with a passenger and a 1.50 60' Didn't make out too well trying to slow to 14.0. Ended up being 11.7 at 68 mph. Oops

Then I swapped the front skinnies on, dug out the helmet and belts, 10.3 at 132.

Put the bigger pulley on to check vs most prior runs this year, 10.5/132, it gained a tenth or two with the same DA.

Smaller pulley back on and let the car cool for 45 minutes. 10.23/134.86 with a 1.46 60'. Oh and the Density Altitude was 8000 feet. Not bad for a 250 mile motor.

Might have a vid tomorrow. :shrug:

No break in period for the motor I guess?? :shrug:

D.T.R

Established Member
Nice dude. I wonder what ET/MPH that would have been at sea level... or at least below 2000DA

Bud

Established Member
10.23 up here is incredible, fun to run down big tired trailered cars. Also fun to watch people come up to the car in the pits that can't believe it. After knocking down those times in 8k DA I think we need to start a new sea level people problems meme:

wwyf.jpg

sean04

Established Member
10.23 up here is incredible, fun to run down big tired trailered cars. Also fun to watch people come up to the car in the pits that can't believe it. After knocking down those times in 8k DA I think we need to start a new sea level people problems meme:

wwyf.jpg

HA!!!

That's awesome, I'm one of those guys :)

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
One of these days I might get it quick enough where people leave off the 'considering the DA' part.. might take a road trip to do so!

Users who are viewing this thread