New motor in Roush stage 3 car.... Affect value?

nfmsuprar1

Established Member
Im in the market for a new car and recently looked at a Roush Stage 3 car.
Mint car with less then 5k miles total and less then 1k miles on the new motor.
It was professional changed at a Ford/Roush dealer.

Was wondering how much this would affect value on the car since its not the original motor . Does it really matter or should it affect the price of the car now or maybe in the future?

A big plus for now is that the motor has a full warranty valid any any Ford dealer.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
to the best of my knowledge the motors and such arent tied to the car the same way they were back in the day (the whole numbers matching thing with the original motor, trans etc...) so I dont see it changing anything. If youve got all the paper work showing it was done at a dealer I would think that would satisfy most people in the future.

Shit happens, I wouldnt think twice about that part if I was looking to buy the car now or later.

nfmsuprar1

Established Member
It does have all the paperwork showing it was changed along with warranty. I don't think it's a huge deal myself but it does show on carfax that it was replaced and thought it may influence the price of the car. Kinda like a minor fender bender reported to carfax, some may think it's nothing but others will walk or value it less.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Won't matter. Don't get raked over the coals for it. At the end of the day, it's a GT with an appearance kit and aftermarket performance mods.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Regular vintage Mustangs’ drive trains weren’t linked to the body they came in. Assuming analysis of catalogs indicates the new motor is running perfectly I wouldn’t let it kill me the deal.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Im in the market for a new car and recently looked at a Roush Stage 3 car.
Mint car with less then 5k miles total and less then 1k miles on the new motor.
It was professional changed at a Ford/Roush dealer.
Was wondering how much this would affect value on the car since its not the original motor . Does it really matter or should it affect the price of the car now or maybe in the future?
A big plus for now is that the motor has a full warranty valid any any Ford dealer.
How much are they asking for the car? What year is it?
I've been tossing the idea of selling mine at times.

Users who are viewing this thread