New motor in lightning and a new problem

2fAZT4U

Established Member
I have a 1999 lightning I just got it back last week. When I cranked up the truck I noticed it wouldn't idle at all if I took my foot off the gas it would cut off and then I relized the chip was turned off so I turned the chip on crank the truck now it will idle right under 1000 when I put it in gear the rpm's going up and down trying to cut off if I don't give it some gas when I turn out of my driveway it will turn off and If I stomp the gas out of the hole it will cut off I have to ease into it also if I'm going about 120 it wants to hesitate. I got Johnny Lightning to program the chip while I was putting the motor in I sent him all of the specs on everything I'm going to send it back tomorrow I just wanted to know what you guys think it could be. Here's a list of everything I've done.

JLP short block
head stud kit
comp cam stage 2
comp valve springs
patriot heads stage 2
headers
6lb lower pulley
2.8 upper
accufab single blade throttle body
90 mm mass air
JLP forced air intake
JLP electric fan
cobra R water pump
precision 2800 multi disc stall
dual 255 fuel pumps
125 shot of zex nitros
diablo revolution chip

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
the first couple thousand miles on my new engine with the cams were kinda pissing me off. sometimes you gotta sit there for a little bit before you can put it in gear or it would stall unless i gave it some gas as soon as i put it in drive. how many miles are on the new engine... its not going to be perfect right away, gotta break that thing in.

DEVOURER

WFO
Established Member
when i got my built engine JL couldn't even get me a tune that would start the vehicle. I had to have RWTD tune it for me. Started right up and has driven perfect since. Try someone elses tune...

Users who are viewing this thread