New motor going in this week...

32VDOHC

Established Member
Guys,

Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction here on some questions I have. The new long block is about to go in within the next week or so. The block, I was told, has less then 50k on it and came out of a '96. What do you recommend replacing before moving all the accessories, intake, etc over from the old motor. (that only had 35k on it from my '97)

I will post pics once the old motor is out of the carnage once I get the oil pan off. Remember, it was about a year ago this month it blew. Piston 7 is not moving in the cylinder. So I suspect broken rod. How that happened at only 35k I have no idea.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Also, if you want to post links as to the best recommended parts would be great too. Thanks!

crazycarlo

Established Member
make sure before you put that motor in you prime the oil pump. On modular cars they tell ya to take the oil pickup tube off the car and fill the cavity in the oil pump with engine assembly lube. I did that and filled the pickup tube with some heavier oil to make sure it was good and primed.

32VDOHC

Established Member
make sure before you put that motor in you prime the oil pump. On modular cars they tell ya to take the oil pickup tube off the car and fill the cavity in the oil pump with engine assembly lube. I did that and filled the pickup tube with some heavier oil to make sure it was good and primed.

Sounds good. I will make note of that. Does anyone recommend upgrading the stock oil pump? I have read where its a good idea, but I dont plan on doing anything extreme with the car such as boost or anything.

Also, what about replacing the rod bearings? since the motor is out? whats a good set to go with if so? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread