New Mexico ???

SVT04

Established Member
Seems that in my search for a job down south that I can't come up with much more than $50,000 for a salary for my line of work (education). I am looking for opinions and advice about New Mexico,specifically Las Cruces.
Anyone know what it's like there to live ? Things like cost of living,power bills etc...price of gas all that sort of thing. Good place to live ?

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
For education, if you want to get a high salary move to Alaska. Las Cruces is small and has its good and bad parts of town like any other place. It is also a college town so there are thousands of blondes just roaming around, yes I said blondes. Believe me, they are pleasing to the eye....but that's only if you're single(if not forget it, or maybe not).

50,000 is a lot around here, what did you study, special ed. I am about 45 minutes away in El Paso. There are other members that probably know more than me so maybe they'll chime in.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
New Mexico fuggin' sucks. Bad. Every time I drive home to Phoenix from OK, it is by far the worst part of the drive. There is a reason they offer better wages there for most jobs, to compensate for the fact that its like the crappiest state ever. IMHO.

dooberGN

Established Member
New Mexico has to be the wierdest state other then Maine. But it pays good and you can get land for cheap.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I met the hottest girl ever in NM!:rockon:

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
I live in NM the albuquerque area, It's the best place to live in NM. Every where else suck bad. And yes we have very hot chicks down here :coolman:
L.C suck's! they got two walmarts though :lol:

SVT04

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys ! Any more ? Any solid information on cost of living ,gas prices etc. ? What kind of living would $50,000 get you if you had a very small mortgage and no other debt ?
Whats a trip to the grocery store like ? Or even Walmart for that matter?
I know whenever I am in Texas visiting family I always think....man the prices for everything here sure beat Canada ....:lol:

SVT04

Established Member
simshahh said:
Sucks you chose NM.

And this is solid information ? :lol: Seriously though anyplace can be ok,its what you make it sometimes.

See post above yours ......anyone else have anything to offer ??

Last edited:

ccperales

Established Member
Shiper said:
New Mexico fuggin' sucks. Bad. Every time I drive home to Phoenix from OK, it is by far the worst part of the drive. There is a reason they offer better wages there for most jobs, to compensate for the fact that its like the crappiest state ever. IMHO.

Ha Ha, I'm sure life is amazing and wonderful in Oklahoma.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
ccperales said:
Ha Ha, I'm sure life is amazing and wonderful in Oklahoma.

Norman Oklahoma is a great place to live. I'm moving back when I retire. New Mexico (Any Mexico for that matter) is an extraordinary hell hole with little on the suckiness spectrum to compare to.

ccperales

Established Member
OhIIICobra said:
Norman Oklahoma is a great place to live. I'm moving back when I retire. New Mexico (Any Mexico for that matter) is an extraordinary hell hole with little on the suckiness spectrum to compare to.

You make me laugh!!! Yeah sure it is, I'm sure it's better than world renowned and famous Santa Fe, NM!!!!

SVT04

Established Member
Well we will see what happens,upcoming job interview and salary negotiation will tell the tale of whether I accept a position and end up there (Las Cruces) or not . :burnout:

matchb0x

I'm a grown ass man!
Established Member
Back in the states aka 'the land of liberals'
Shiper said:

Man you know it's gotta be a crappy place when even an okie chimes in saying it sucks! :uh oh:

*puts burnt orange flame suit on* HOOK'EM!

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
Shiper said:

NM does suck but not as much as eastern AZ:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread