KiDkEmP

I am a new member to the site and a huge contour svt fan. I currently drive a mazda mp3, but am looking at turning that in, and purchasing a contour svt. I want to start tuning it as soon as possible. A few questions first though....

Are there carbon fiber hoods available for the contour, if so who makes them?

What is the contour limited to as far as wheel width, and offset, also, correct me if i am wrong, but is the contour lug pattern 4x100?

Also i read that the vortech supercharger for the contour is limited to earlier models, do they make one for the later versions, or no?

Sorry if this stuff has already been covered in earlier discussions, but like i said i am new to the website and just looking for some information before purchasing a csvt

chknhwk

Yes, there are CF hoods, I have one (sort of). Check out the group buy and classifieds section on contour.org.
There are people running 235 or 245's on the 16" wheels, people running 17x7, 7.5" wheels, and even 18's and 19's. Check out the wheels/tires section on contour.org.
The vortech can be fitted to all years of the SVT Contour. Check out the forced induction section of contour.org. (Highly recommended you look up Vortech failures and upgrades.)
Also check out the turbo kit from Streetflight in the same section - I'd recommend it over the Vortech.
Look at a metal impeller water pump and dual mode damper for the SVT if you get one.
Anything else I can help with, just ask.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Just keep in mind big wheels take away power. I'm not sure what the lug pattern is. There are other (and way more reliable) methods of forced induction besides the vortech. There is the turbo option as well as a few nitrous kits available. Theres also a 3.0 engine swap, that with the right amount work can put out somewhere in the 260-280 hp range at the crank without F/I. Check out spmotorsports.com, ctamotorsports.com, shoshop.com, and batinc.net to get a good idea of whats available. As mentioned, check out contour.org. It is the best resource for contour owners. Good luck!

KiDkEmP

thanks for the info, and as far as bigger wheels taking away power, i am not to concerned with that. How durable are the internals on the csvt? I am talking how much boost can they take, how big of a shot of nitrous, without them detonating? I am not looking to do the engine swap, i am looking at keeping the 2.5L. thanks for the heads up on the vortech, i will take the turbo into consideration. Does anyone have a link or know of who makes the carbon fiber hood for the contour?

Green SVT

Established Member
Lug pattern is 4x108
Don't think about getting too crazy with boost and such. High compression and all. Check contour.org for the CF hood. BTW, welcome

-R-

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Welcome to the boards! The Vortech isn't necessarily a bad option. With the intercooler that is coming out from Buckshot motorsports and the jackshaft fix from knukonceptz (both at ceg) it should be a good kit. The only problem is that if you buy a kit new plus the two extras listed above, you would be spending as much money as the turbo would cost (which makes a little more top end and a lot more bottom end). If you can find a used one at a good price (like I did), I would consider it. Otherwise the turbo is the way to go.

Steeltwo

Established Member
i thought about boosting one when I end up getting it.

then I looked at the compression ratio and said

NITROUS

chknhwk

Original CF hood? You mean the first group buy from Showtime on the CEG? I've got one and I'm thinking about getting rid of it...

KiDkEmP

What about forged internals, is there a company out there that makes forged internals, such as pistons and rods?? Also, on turbo's you have a boost controller to turn up the boost, since the vortech operates like a turbo, with it being a compressor, can you use a boost controller to turn the boost up on the vortech?? IF not, how would i go about turning the boost up on it??

chknhwk

Yes, there are companies that sell forged internals: pauter makes rods and JE makes pistons. There should be links for them in the 3.0L and forced induction forums of contour.org.
I doubt you could use a boost controller on a vortech as the boost is rpm dependent - not load dependent. If you're going forced induction I say use the turbo kit - you will NOT be disappointed.
I was thinking like $300 for the hood - but I can't pay shipping and I don't know what it would be like. On the chipping thing I have no idea as it really has been on for like two weeks and I only drove one week of that. I'll pull it off now if you're SERIOUS. :D :beer:

all costume SVT

Established Member
I'M SERIOUS!!! WERE DO YOU LIVE SO I CAN ASK HOW MUCH SHIPING IS. sorry the caps were on, I mite be able to pick it up if your close to Maryland. I would like to pick it up because a guy screwed me out of 500 and that about killed me, so i'm pissed about that.

all costume SVT

Established Member
will you take 250 for the hood? By philly you mean philidelphia? I could bring you the money this weekend. i looked at your website and your car look cool. the rims make the car.

chknhwk

I was hoping for $300. Like I said it's only been on a week and a half and I paid way more than that - I believe like $600 as it was the first group buy for an untested product so I had to pay to be original.

Thanks for the props, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread