New Member, Just Signed Up!

SVTKen

Established Member
I've been lurking around here for quite a while now and finally decided to sign up today. My name is Ken and I live near Columbia, Maryland (between D.C. and Baltimore). I'm considering purchasing a new Mustang (either Boss 302 or Shelby GT500 - leaning toward GT500). I've already gained a lot of valuable knowledge from this site and there appear to be lots of helpful people here. I've test driven a 2012 Boss 302, 2012 Shelby GT500, and Roush Stage 3 Mustang. It was a close match between the Boss and Shelby with the Roush in a distant third place (for many reasons, including styling).

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a shameless car whore with a touch of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder when it comes to car buying decisions and everything related to cars. I presently own a 2008 Chrysler 300C SRT8 and am looking to purchase a replacement for it late this fall or early this winter, hopefully when the supply/demand situation has equalized. All the local dealers are asking these rediculous prices for their 2013 GT500s, but I'm seeing more and more appearing in the inventory every day.

I also love drag racing and have taken my SRT8 to the track many times over the past several years. I've made over 100 passes in it with all of my times in the low 13s and high 12s, even in lousy track and DA conditions.

By the way, I could not find a "New Member Introduction Section", so that's why I'm posting here in the 2013 GT500 section.

rancid

Established Member
Welcome to the forums.

My advice is to test drive both cars (newer shelby/boss) and then decide but you can't go wrong either either. :burnout:

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
I am new also but welcome! I have learned a lot from the likes of Chris above and many more members. The information here has kept me going during the birth of my new Shelby :)

SVTKen

Established Member
Thanks guys! The only problem I'm having now is finding a '13 that I can test drive. Every dealer has it in the showroom and will not allow a test drive unless I agree on a price and allow them to run a credit report. They all have also said the reason is because "it's a collector car".

Users who are viewing this thread