New member here

ProbieG

Future Hose Jockey
Established Member
Hey guys I thought I would throw up an intro thread. My name is Ben, I'm from Texas. I just recently(3days ago) bought my first mustang. It's a black with tan interior 98 Cobra. It needs some work but I hope one day it can look as good as some of the Cobras you guys have.

jy9asa7y.jpg

2apu6eju.jpg

ProbieG

Future Hose Jockey
Established Member
Flowmaster weld ins (still catted).,No motor mods all stock, stock gears stock wheels. It has a minor rear main seal leak, the previous owner also did an egr delete. It's not tuned for it so it has a check engine light, I'll either tune or stick the assembly back in. Eventually it will get painted.

Last edited:

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Clean looking car man. Welcome to the forum , very knowledgeable and great people here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

ProbieG

Future Hose Jockey
Established Member
Welcome to the forum, good looking Cobra. Besides paint, do you have any plans?
3:73s, exhaust, lower it a little, forged internals, blower. The first two soon, the internals and blower will be a while.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Welcome Ben, like they said good people on here. Also, nice ride.. Makes me want to put my stock wheels back on :rockon:

Don't do 3.73s. 4.10s at minimum you will enjoy alot more and I would know I've had both. But I'm not trying to make this into another gear tread :bash:

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Welcome Ben. Ya I'd keep those wheels. Just lower it on some spacers and be set. Search these forums for tons of info on these cars!

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I'm also 19 lol and I did 4.10s and haven't regretted it. The loss in gas mileage from going to 4.10s from stock 3.27s is about as noticeable as the seat of the pants feel from 3.27s to 3.73s (which isn't much lol)

1997Cobra

Established Member
welcome!

go 4.30s. I just did it, not that bad, you're looking at 2500 rpm at 70 mph. Ill calculate my mileage as soon as my speedo is correct

redrocket16

Established Member
Welcome and 4.10's are the only route to go. I swapped in an IRS which has the stock 3.55 and I already want more gear but can't bring myself to do it.

What part of Texas are you from?

Users who are viewing this thread