New Member/Cobra Owner

yellosn

Established Member
Thanks for having such a cool website! Just bought my first Cobra. 48K miles. It's got a K&N intake and some exhaust work, but it seems mostly stock.
3mc3p03l25Y05P55X2acgb9ebe687a6f9100e.jpg

It's got Magnaflow mufflers and tips and a crossover welded in that I don't think is factory.
10.jpg

It was a little dirty but it's cleaning up well.
4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

2.jpg

Is this the stock shift mechanism?
11.jpg

Thanks again for all the help and knowledge here!

Troy

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Nice! And welcome to the site. Your shifter looks like a Pro 5.0 w/a stock handle. If you're not going to be putting chains on it, it's time to get rid of the 4x4 look. If you do some searching you'll find a lot of info on some simple mods.

sdg97232

Established Member
welcome sweet looking cobra!!!!! +10000000 on the tint and drop, and your rocking 03-04 cobra rims as well!!:rockon:

yellosn

Established Member
Wow, thanks for all the input. Didn't know about the rims. It has 275/40's all the way around, so a 9" rim makes more sense. It does sit kinda high. I checked, and the 275/40's have the same sidewall height and diameter as the stock 245/45's, so I guess that's how they set stock? The windows have been tinted, just real lightly, more would look good. I just left a message with the second owner (I'm #4) to see if he can tell me more about what's been done. The lady I bought it from had the exhaust put on, but didn't know much else.

Thanks again, Troy

sdg97232

Established Member
Wow, thanks for all the input. Didn't know about the rims. It has 275/40's all the way around, so a 9" rim makes more sense. It does sit kinda high. I checked, and the 275/40's have the same sidewall height and diameter as the stock 245/45's, so I guess that's how they set stock? The windows have been tinted, just real lightly, more would look good. I just left a message with the second owner (I'm #4) to see if he can tell me more about what's been done. The lady I bought it from had the exhaust put on, but didn't know much else.

Thanks again, Troy

9" wide rims are perfect for the 274/40's....275's on an 8" wide rim tend to buldge a little. the spoiler looks like a steeda race wing with painted ends but its hard to tell from the small 1st pic!!!

yellosn

Established Member
I talked with owner #2. He confirmed that the wheels were from an '03, along with the red front brake calipers. He also informed me that the car has 3.73:1 gears. I wrote down the RPM readings at a few different speeds in 4th and 5th gear, and used a calculator at another website to confirm. I'm turning 3000@60MPH in 4th, so it looks like 3.73 is correct. Still lovin' the car!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Finding what appears to be a relatively unmolested Cobra with low miles is becoming harder and harder everyday. It looks like you've got yourself a nice starting point. Already having the 3.73's is great, especially if they're not making any noise, so you know the install was done right the first time. I'd go with an MGW shifter, lower it, and you have tons of exhaust options if you wanted to change that up.

Congrats and good luck.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice car!!! Welcome to the site! I would def tint those windows and drop it...that will really improve the looks alot! That shifter is a pro 5.0...i love my pro 5.0 shifter but MGW is really nice to. They look like magnaflow mufflers on it...that is what i have with a o/r x pipe...i like them. Well keep us posted on the car man!:rockon::beer:

yellosn

Established Member
It is a Pro 5.0 shifter. It has stainless Magnaflow mufflers and 2 1/2" pipe from the converters back with an H-pipe. It already has a Cobra grill emblem, and someone also put '99 SVT Cobra emblems down low in front of the rear wheel openings. They don't look bad, but they bug me because they shouldn't be there. It also has an in-dash mounted Bel 975 radar/laser detector with the sensors in the front and back windows and one in the grill.It's like a scavenger hunt digging into this car and finding out what's been done. Most of the stuff so far seems to be quality and well done. I can't say how "unmolested" the thing actually is, but it seems tight and quiet, except the exhaust rumbling under my seat, which is cool with me. No gear whine. I like the lowering and tint suggestions, I just need to get a few payments behind me before I start throwing more cash at it. I can hear my wife now..."Here we go again:nono:!" $$$$$$$

blueehaze13

Established Member
i know how you feel the guy i bought mine from didnt know a damn thing about the car oher than its a cobra :??:
and GL with the wife! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread