New member! Best tuner for a self tuner?

Spoolin B00ST

Established Member
Hey guys! I just picked up a 01 black svt cobra with 24,000 miles. I know right, 24,000!? Anyways it's vortech supercharged, forged short block, has the 03/04 cobra tank with duel pumps, all the goodies. A little bit of my past, my last toy was an eagle talon, that was a pretty quick little car BUT! That car really got me a custom to tuning everything myself, the mustang now is currently dyno tuned, but it came with a smaller pulley.(eating me away inside)
So I'm pretty set on getting an AEM wideband for it, what tuner should I opt for that I will be able to set base timing maps and fuel maps?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've used SCT for years. I'm comfortable with it. I think Binary Editor is another good one. I don't have personal experience with that one though.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Closely watching this thread, as I am also looking for tuner program for self-tuning. So far, most recommendations that I have received seem to lean towards HPTuners. And the guy that recently tuned my car was indeed using HPTuners.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
I am running SCT pro racer package to tune my 01... i highly recommend getting the package through Don Lasota along with his book, video, and support offered when buying through him. It will help get you over the learning curve and give some great tips to get started out

01yellercobra

Established Member
Closely watching this thread, as I am also looking for tuner program for self-tuning. So far, most recommendations that I have received seem to lean towards HPTuners. And the guy that recently tuned my car was indeed using HPTuners.
Which car was it? Last I heard HP hasn't released the software for our cars yet.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Which car was it? Last I heard HP hasn't released the software for our cars yet.....

The tune was done on my 2010 Roush Mustang 4.6L with 2.3L TVS, Comp cams, meth, intake, etc, etc. Sorry if HP hasn't released software for '01 Cobra, I have no idea about that........... I guess I shoulda kept mouth shut then, hahaha

01yellercobra

Established Member
The tune was done on my 2010 Roush Mustang 4.6L with 2.3L TVS, Comp cams, meth, intake, etc, etc. Sorry if HP hasn't released software for '01 Cobra, I have no idea about that........... I guess I shoulda kept mouth shut then, hahaha
Supposedly they're working on it. I've only heard good things about it.

Users who are viewing this thread