New Member 2013 GT 500

mjg31337

Hey All,

Picked up my 13 GT 500 Yesterday. A long day of driving, and took a few pics. Traded in my 2010 370Z, and this is a huge change for me... after I drove my friends modded up 5.0 GT I was hooked, and although I will miss my old car, man this thing is amazing. I got a terrific deal (from a Nissan dealership actually, guy traded it in for a GTR). 13k Miles, every option including the glass roof, electronics package, recaro seats, track, etc. Car is a freaking beast. I'm looking forward to modding it =]. Particularly thinking to start with stuff like control arms, new bushings for the shifter, and any thing do to make this corner a bit better, reduce wheel hop etc. Power stuff will come later, but also considering investing in a nice 5 year extended warranty so not sure how that will work out.

Wondering if there are any other members from NYC / Eastern Long Island area up here?

Ablaze

Established Member
Wow, love that color combo. You made the right choice. Congrats!

Definitely need more pictures, I love seeing the glass roof on these cars.

big_ole_truck

Established Member
Nice color combination! Enjoy the new ride. The car is a beast in factory form but there's plenty of mods to tailor the car to your liking, only limited to the pain you can sustain by dropping money into it.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the new ride. ( you are lucky to have gotten the glass roof )
" 5 year extended warranty so not sure how that will work out. "......................is it a Ford warranty ?

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Congrats on a good looking car! It makes twice as much power as your 370Z =). Also, if you are going to frequent this forum, the best advice I can give you is do NOT buy an extended warranty because you will end up modding her quickly anyway. Otherwise, be careful and respect the beast.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice, huge congrats!
We have the same combo--Sterling Grey Metallic, Sonic Blue stripes, glass roof.
(Here's some inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2bPHn_pHrw)

Welcome--great group here.
I also second saving the warranty $$$. These cars are very robust in the powertrain dept. unless you get crazy/stupid.
If you plan on modding, do the research here and we'll save you that warranty $$$ anyway. ;-)
-J
:beer:

NELCO

Established Member
Beautiful car and welcome aboard.................. I agree with Ghoust and BiminiLX about the extended warranty. And I too wish I ordered the glass roof, As already said this car is a beast and so powerful that it's intoxicating... I love mine and keep modding....................Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjg31337

Yea I was thinking of doing the Ford extended warranty, actually was suggested as a gift from my folks... I'm pretty sure i'd void it quick though? LOL. First spin I took it on, one of the TPMS failed, and it seems I need warranty service already, still under original warranty. I think I rather spend the money on other stuff... Nothing has been purchased yet. You guys may think i'm crazy but I want to spend the money on expel for the the entire front end, maybe half the hood, fenders, nose, mirrors. I had it on the Z and am already noticing rock chips which really piss me off... Since I'll be driving pretty fast I'm sure it will just get worse lol.

Loving the sound of the H pipe in that video! I'm out in Huntington, any chance we can do a meetup or something? Would be fun to cruise around a bit and check out your modded cars. I'm all ears, and looking forward to posting on here. Thanks again!

10527481_10101196276658944_4534714516807989728_n.jpg

10438169_10101196276678904_5445395256272341687_n.jpg

10153008_10101196376309244_3364234807312074379_n.jpg

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Hey All,

Picked up my 13 GT 500 Yesterday. A long day of driving, and took a few pics. Traded in my 2010 370Z, and this is a huge change for me... after I drove my friends modded up 5.0 GT I was hooked, and although I will miss my old car, man this thing is amazing. I got a terrific deal (from a Nissan dealership actually, guy traded it in for a GTR). 13k Miles, every option including the glass roof, electronics package, recaro seats, track, etc. Car is a freaking beast. I'm looking forward to modding it =]. Particularly thinking to start with stuff like control arms, new bushings for the shifter, and any thing do to make this corner a bit better, reduce wheel hop etc. Power stuff will come later, but also considering investing in a nice 5 year extended warranty so not sure how that will work out.

Wondering if there are any other members from NYC / Eastern Long Island area up here?

have you ripped the middle of the seat out with your butt cheeks yet??? haha

Also, I dig the color combo! I haven't seen that before!

Users who are viewing this thread