New Massachusetts Inspection Program

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member

M91196

Established Member
LOL

the state put a bid out for new inspection software, and the company that won are the ones who use the cameras called Applus. They were the low bid too

http://www.masslive.com/business-ne...new_massachusetts_vehicle_check_contract.html

Right, also the same company that failed in the past.

My point is no one wins except the vendor and anyone that gets a phony job at Applus, a kickback or a campaign contribution.

If you don't think that's likely, well maybe your new here.

You don't think this expenditure of 7K for a private garage is necessary for the good of the environment or public safety do you?

You think the motor vehicle inspection program is anything but a tax disguised as bloated fee?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife works at a Cadillac dealership. Day 1 of new inspections, and the system is already down and not working.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Right, also the same company that failed in the past.

My point is no one wins except the vendor and anyone that gets a phony job at Applus, a kickback or a campaign contribution.

If you don't think that's likely, well maybe your new here.

You don't think this expenditure of 7K for a private garage is necessary for the good of the environment or public safety do you?

You think the motor vehicle inspection program is anything but a tax disguised as bloated fee?

I wasn't aware this was the same company that had the failed issues in the past. That's certainly un-nerving.

I would like to see proof of of a kick back or campaign contributions or phony job awards.....but I can certainly appreciate a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy

M91196

Established Member
I wasn't aware this was the same company that had the failed issues in the past. That's certainly un-nerving.

I would like to see proof of of a kick back or campaign contributions or phony job awards.....but I can certainly appreciate a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy

I'll pull the kick backs and patronage jobs off the table and ask if you feel the program is worthwhile and necessary?

My kick backs and patronage comments are based on the past performance of our government officials, we can work from the indicted speakers of the house to Umass presidents etc.
Or how about the Turnpike Authority and it's well documented bloat and patronage. Or the big dig or ............you know we can't trust them with our $$$!

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Ha! What a waste MA. Out of all the things you could fix/make better, and you just screw up inspections. Good job! /sarc

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife works at a Cadillac dealership. Day 1 of new inspections, and the system is already down and not working.
Co-worker of mine went to three separate shops and they all had the same answer. Freaking shocked /sarc
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
That's awesome. What a bunch of goons running the show.

A.T

Established Member
The state hasn't been to my work yet to setup the shitty system. Had to turn away a dozen+ because of it. I called a shop down the street to see if they were, and nope. They were also on a call back list. I haven't been to the new class yet. The shop had been short handed all summer. Not surprised the state ****ed this up.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The state hasn't been to my work yet to setup the shitty system. Had to turn away a dozen+ because of it. I called a shop down the street to see if they were, and nope. They were also on a call back list. I haven't been to the new class yet. The shop had been short handed all summer. Not surprised the state ****ed this up.
I saw on the news that gas station owners are furious over this new system. They had to turn more and more customers because of the "new system".
Some of the equipment hasn't even been set up yet!

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
This is a repeat of the dyno and faulty stickers days. Those two didn’t last long.

c7fd0a17a70ffcd160c410808f48f20b.jpg

Only a matter of time before they axe the whole “upgrade”

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
The state did themselves dirty by setting an "implementation" date of October 1st imo. If they really wanted to do this right, they should have had a grace period, say the month of October for example, for all this stuff to get setup instead of just going right into it. Now they just have a bunch of furious citizens and inspectors. ($$$ talks) Still of the opinion this program will hopefully blow over though, just like the last time this company (Applus) was awarded a contract.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully my truck passes.
Only mod is a Flowmaster Outlaw replacement muffler, but it is pretty loud at cold start, (okay, really loud at cold start), but not too bad when it is warmed until I hit the "GO" pedal. :D ;)

cobra2547

Established Member
I just got my new toy (69 camaro) went to get a sticker from my buddy. Of course he passed it but he said I really need to quiet down my 98 cobra if I want a sticker next year. He usually never gives me a problem and it's loud. What a pain

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I just got my new toy (69 camaro) went to get a sticker from my buddy. Of course he passed it but he said I really need to quiet down my 98 cobra if I want a sticker next year. He usually never gives me a problem and it's loud. What a pain
Pics of the Camaro bro!
Looks like A LOT of people are going to be riding around with big R stickers on their vehicles. I hope that's not the case!

Users who are viewing this thread