New Mach 1 owner and new to the site

chessboxer

Noob Saibot
Established Member
Good afternoon ladies and gents.

Just purchased an 03 Azure Blue Mach 1 this week. It has a K&N intake, 18" FR500 reps, IUP, some billet accessories inside, flowmasters, and nothing more that I know of. It appears as if someone changed the headlights to the clear/reflecting looking style from the black housed headlights. I would like to fix this and plan on doing so.

Got a smoking good deal on it, and could not pass it up. It is a 3 owner car from North Carolina.

I am not new to the world of automobiles and work full time in the NOVA/DC area in the military, I am an O3, a Captain. Don't fret, I was enlisted first for anyone that must know!

Prior to working full time for the military I actually worked for Haltech Engine Management in the US office in Lexington, KY (where I am from and went to school - GO CATS!). I had an old turbo accord and had a Haltech Platinum Sport 2000 ecu, a Racepak IQ3 dash, and loads of other goodies on it. I sold it when I moved here and have a very very boring Prius as my daily driver, but given the area, that is a good commuter to have and the Mach 1 will be my weekend fun ride.

Future plans include:
Lower it
100-125 wet shot
A few bolt ons
4.10s
DRs or slicks of some sort

Would ultimately like to hit 11s and would be very happy to do so.

That's me in a nutshell! Sorry for the long winded post, but I look forward to becoming a part of the community here and posting on the forums.

Thanks for reading!

M1FRNP.jpg

M1DR.jpg

M1R.jpg

Just for reference, my old rice burner. 20 psi was fun from a roll, but terrible from a dig. :p

cb7-country.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

haltechandiq3006.jpg

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Yeah, great switch... Great car. Nice to hear you are prior enlisted. ADAF here, down at Langley.

clc44

Established Member
Welcome, throw an o/r x and good catback on that baby. I agree on changing lights. The chrome headlights don't look right. Keep us uPdated on the build.

cobra916

Established Member
your prolly not going to get alot of this..but i like your honda...looks good.. id like to see it on some prelude rims and a painted hood but over all looks good.. nice mach..one of the best colors!!:beer:

chessboxer

Noob Saibot
Established Member
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I feel like I have made about 80000 intro threads over the past few days. Of all the Mustang sites that I have found, this one seems to be the most active and the one that suits me best so far.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Congrats on the purchase and good lookin Mach. :rockon:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I feel like I have made about 80000 intro threads over the past few days. Of all the Mustang sites that I have found, this one seems to be the most active and the one that suits me best so far.

Overall SVTP is one of my favorite sites that I go on. You will get the occasional tool on here but without them we wouldn't have anyone to laugh at! :banana: Mach1Registry is very good as well for techincal stuff. Their site is a little slower but still a great site for learning about the car.

chessboxer

Noob Saibot
Established Member
Overall SVTP is one of my favorite sites that I go on. You will get the occasional tool on here but without them we wouldn't have anyone to laugh at! :banana: Mach1Registry is very good as well for techincal stuff. Their site is a little slower but still a great site for learning about the car.

Yeah, I am glad I am out of the AIDS filled forum that is Honda-Tech.

M1R does seem to have a good bit of technical info and I have been doing some research so that I can have a solid plan for the future. I believe it was either there or NVMC that recommended I should come here and register.

Hopefully I can post enough pics in the hot wife/girlfriend thread that I will be welcome here sooner, rather than later, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread