new lowering springs help!

alexdeluna21

Established Member
ok so heres the deal......i put new lowering springs on my 98 cobra (h&r lowering springs). Well shortly after getting them installed and taking it out for a test cruise i noticed a pretty ridiculous hop everytime i would speed up or just simply slow down when going fast. Now ive had my 5.0 lowered with eibachs but didnt have the same hop. Anyone have the same issue with the h&r's? Would it affect my time at the track negatively? Also i heard that with those h&r's on my car its going to warp my shocks? True? Thanks for any input fellas!

Last edited:

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
everything seated properly? The rear springs orientated exactly like the factory ones were?

alexdeluna21

Established Member
yeah everythings good.....the springs were installed by a reputable mustang shop in town......i went back and asked em why it hopped and they said they had never dealt with that brand of lowering springs.....

alexdeluna21

Established Member
@svtcobralover/scottg=yes i agree with both of you....however the only reason i think they would say that is because they sell a "house brand" of lowering springs and were trying to get me to buy their stuff....either way i just moved to the area and got on the local forums and everyone spoke well about that shop, so thats what i went off of......

@Ciotti= i got the ones from American muscle.....theyre the h&r Super Sports (blue ones)

alexdeluna21

Established Member
@Mystic-SVT= the car is pretty low man......it scrapes going over speed bumps if i dont take em at an angle.....and im not sure if the bump stops are replaced

alexdeluna21

Established Member
@brucesvt= i did bro....i would go out to the drag strip and went to swdrags and everyone would tell me to go to this one spot. do you recommend anyone?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Alex, post up a pic of your car so we can see how low your car is really is. The lower you go then the rougher and bouncier it will be. The rear bump stop will be above the differential, its a rubber piece mounted to a bracket, it should have been replaced with a smaller round piece.
Google Images

My exhaust is SLP for 99-04 IRS equipped cobras, car has an IRS.

alexdeluna21

Established Member
@mysticsvt=the exhaust looks sick bro......yeahh ill get my gf to post some pics up for me, im kinda in iraq right now...lol, soo ill get em up asap....thanks fellas

brucesvt

Established Member
@brucesvt= i did bro....i would go out to the drag strip and went to swdrags and everyone would tell me to go to this one spot. do you recommend anyone?

sorry for just getting back to you went on vacation and just got back. but i am going to pm you two people that i have always trusted and one of them is a master ford mechanic at shamely ford in town.

Users who are viewing this thread