New Lightning Owner

White98SVT

Established Member
Just wanted to officially introduce myself. I just purchased my 2001 about 3 weeks ago. Some of you may know me from when I had my 98 Cobra that I actually sold.

So far the only mods done are a 6# pulley, Diablo predator tune, Airraid CAI, some Autometer gauges, and a billet grille which I realllllly want to get rid of and either go back to stock or get the Harley grille.

Anyway...thanks for all the info so far, you guys have been a big help :beer:

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Welome to this side of the mod frenzy!

Post up some pics of the grills. Someone (like me, maybe) might be willing to trade out stock for the billet.

Meanwhile - dyno the new toy and make sure your tune is safe with the 6#'er. Makes it easier to spend you money on want you want, rather than what the truck suddenly NEEDS.

Welcome,
Herb

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
welcome. congrats on the L. you wount regret it. my brother has a 98 mystic with boltons & 75 shot of nitrous. i still smoke his ass. how fast was your cobra.

-chuck

White98SVT

Established Member
Thanks for the welcomes guys. I am planning on changing all the pics, sig, etc....but I need to get a new banner when I get some new pics.

CHUXSVT said:
welcome. congrats on the L. you wount regret it. my brother has a 98 mystic with boltons & 75 shot of nitrous. i still smoke his ass. how fast was your cobra.

-chuck

A 98 Mystic? I think you meant 96, that's the only year they made the Mystic paint option. My Cobra really wasn't that fast, it was more of an all around car. It had the full Steeda suspension, some hp bolt on's, and cosmetic stuff. Last time I had a good 1/4 run, it was in the mid 13's, basically stock with a few bolt ons and some bald tires.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Im in the same boat as far as the billit grills go, I just need to find someone with the later L grills.

Welcome aboard!

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Gripstang said:
Im in the same boat as far as the billit grills go, I just need to find someone with the later L grills.

Welcome aboard!

What are the details on the billet grills? Would they fit an 02? Mine's True Blue, so the contrast seems to work better. I'm running the stock grill now.

Thanks,
Herb

White98SVT

Established Member
herb101 said:
What are the details on the billet grills? Would they fit an 02? Mine's True Blue, so the contrast seems to work better. I'm running the stock grill now.

Thanks,
Herb

I don't see why they wouldn't work for 99 and up unless the mounting is different. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread