New Lightning owner... questions.

A5295

Four Eyed
Established Member
Guys Im going to pick up my 94L this saturday, and Ive got some questions... Ive done my best to searvh and lurk and read as much as I can, so if there is somethng that could have been searched, please forgive me.

The truck Im picking up has been sitting parked since it was wrecked 2 years ago. It has been moved around, but not back on the road since it happened.

The truck shows no frame damage, but took a hard hit to the left front wheel, rolling the Raduis arm back, pushing the wheel and tire into the back of the fender. He has since tried to straighten it, just so it can be moved around.

My intentions are to replace the radius arm, fender and left door, and fix the bedside, then try to get the title cleared up - I was told it totalled because the insurance company couldnt find the Ford P/N for the radius arm.

I do have some body repair experience, as in Ive been working in one for a couple of years now, learning body work. Ive worked on and repaired my own cars for years, but still have ALOT to learn, and have no problem with asking questions.

With that said, here we go...

What else should be of concern, when it comes to the suspension? When i looked at the truck the other day, the wheel would turn, with no play, but was pretty stiff - would that be more in the radius arm? Im prepared to replace the spindle, swaybar, endlinks or shock to get it straight, but I just want to be sure that I am looking at this the right way. My intention is to swap just the radius arm (giving there is no other visible damage) and see how my alignment/driving experience comes out.
-Is the spindle the same on the Lightning as the rest of the F-150's? I know the sway bar is different, as well as the spring, but any help here would be greatly appreciated.

On the body panels, I dont think I will have any trouble getting the parts I need, but I do have a question on the door - the only thing that I need to be sure of with the door is the fact that it is made for the low-mount mirror, correct?

Could someone put up the P/N for the LMC lower valence? I couldnt find it on the online catalog, and the girl that I talked to there acted as though she didnt have a clue what I was talking about, and wouldnt look anything up for me.

Do the fogs just mount to the valence, or is there a bracket that holds them, like on my mustang?

last thing - the previous owner's grandfather dissassembled (sp) the driver's door before I got to the truck - in the case that the door panel cant be found, is it anything different than the standard F-150?

Guys, sorry for all the questions, and the long post, but I'd like to make sure Im headed down the right track

If you arent sure, or know someone who could tell me more, be sure to post it up. Im planning on cleaning up this truck, and getting it as close to great condition as possible, on a poor college student's budget, lol.

Thanks in advance,
-Michael

P.S.: This same post is also posted on nloc, but i tfigured what the hell, ask in more than one place,and I might just get some good answers!

Blue OVal Forev

Guys Im going to pick up my 94L this saturday, and Ive got some questions... Ive done my best to searvh and lurk and read as much as I can, so if there is somethng that could have been searched, please forgive me.

The truck Im picking up has been sitting parked since it was wrecked 2 years ago. It has been moved around, but not back on the road since it happened.

The truck shows no frame damage, but took a hard hit to the left front wheel, rolling the Raduis arm back, pushing the wheel and tire into the back of the fender. He has since tried to straighten it, just so it can be moved around.

My intentions are to replace the radius arm, fender and left door, and fix the bedside, then try to get the title cleared up - I was told it totalled because the insurance company couldnt find the Ford P/N for the radius arm.

I do have some body repair experience, as in Ive been working in one for a couple of years now, learning body work. Ive worked on and repaired my own cars for years, but still have ALOT to learn, and have no problem with asking questions.

With that said, here we go...

What else should be of concern, when it comes to the suspension? When i looked at the truck the other day, the wheel would turn, with no play, but was pretty stiff - would that be more in the radius arm? Im prepared to replace the spindle, swaybar, endlinks or shock to get it straight, but I just want to be sure that I am looking at this the right way. My intention is to swap just the radius arm (giving there is no other visible damage) and see how my alignment/driving experience comes out.
-Is the spindle the same on the Lightning as the rest of the F-150's? I know the sway bar is different, as well as the spring, but any help here would be greatly appreciated.

On the body panels, I dont think I will have any trouble getting the parts I need, but I do have a question on the door - the only thing that I need to be sure of with the door is the fact that it is made for the low-mount mirror, correct?

Could someone put up the P/N for the LMC lower valence? I couldnt find it on the online catalog, and the girl that I talked to there acted as though she didnt have a clue what I was talking about, and wouldnt look anything up for me.

Do the fogs just mount to the valence, or is there a bracket that holds them, like on my mustang?

last thing - the previous owner's grandfather dissassembled (sp) the driver's door before I got to the truck - in the case that the door panel cant be found, is it anything different than the standard F-150?

Guys, sorry for all the questions, and the long post, but I'd like to make sure Im headed down the right track

If you arent sure, or know someone who could tell me more, be sure to post it up. Im planning on cleaning up this truck, and getting it as close to great condition as possible, on a poor college student's budget, lol.

Thanks in advance,
-Michael

P.S.: This same post is also posted on nloc, but i tfigured what the hell, ask in more than one place,and I might just get some good answers!

Mike,

I should be bale to help you out alot.

The radius arm's and spindles are Lightning Specific.

The sheet metal cabn be used from any F-150. Just on 95 they started with a creese on the bottom of the door.

I will look and see if I still have the part # for the LMC Valance.

Fog light have a bracket the mounts in conjunction with the bumper for the lights.

The door panel will be the same from a 94-96 F-150. Problem is the Trim might not be the same. Some came with Black trim other with Silver.

Users who are viewing this thread