New LFP 3/8th's Rear Wheel Spacers

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
Just received my new 3/8th's wheels spacers from Mark at LFP. These things look great and fit perfect. Great price too...$89.00 shipped. Check them out! Call Mark at 1-866-310-0750

attachment.php

attachment.php

PDubs

Established Member
Any before/after pics on the car? I'm trying to find some good spacers for the stock rims using 275s.

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
I have the Goodyear F1 GS D3's and the 315/35/17 BFG 315/35/17 Drag radials, so I can't do a before and after. The tires are on a 10.5 inch wheel, so they won't fit without a spacer. I had the 1 inch H&R spacers, but the wheels stuck out to far for my liking. I then used a 1/4 inch spacer, but the tires were to close to the IRS frame and that was with the IRS bolt shaved. These 3/8th's spacer work perfectly. I will try and get some more pictures. Thanks...

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
are the hubcentric?

is 3/8th thick enough to clear the iris bolt without grinding
the head down?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
geepaw said:
...are they hubcentric?
...is 3/8th thick enough to clear the irs bolt without grinding the head down?
Yes...those spacers are hubcentric.

Whether or not you will need to touch the IRS bolt heads will depend upon how wide your tires are and how much clearance you have to start with (this is assuming we are talking about 315-35-17s on 10.5" Cobra replica wheels).

If you go with the widest 315s out there (BFG KD or Goodyear GS-D3 315), those tires have a section width of 12.75" on a 10.5" wheel. I think most people with that combo and 3/8" spacers still needed to shave a little off the IRS bolt heads so they would clear when the rear suspension is unloaded.

If you go with a more narrow 315 like a Dunlop or Sumitomo (secction width of 12.25" on a 10.5" wheel), they would likely clear the IRS bolt heads without any grinding required.

-Greg

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
Just to be safe, I'd shave/mill/grind some of the IRS bolt head. You will have enough clearance for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread