New LEO's

ayo232

Established Member
How do you enjoy it thus far? Are the hours horrible as you are at the bottom of the totem pole (night shifts/holidays,etc)? How would you rate the pay?

Overall, is it worth it? :beer:

mustangsf4life

Black Venom
Established Member
Its worth it and If its your dream job and what you've always wanted to do then the Hours and shifts you work dont matter whatsoever. I wouldnt trade this job for anything. I love working nights because thats where all the action is. You pay your dues but its all worth it. I rate the pay as good for having almost 3 years on now and im making good money (over 60k a year) doing something that i enjoy and like going to work everyday. The pay doesnt matter if your having fun at work.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Dang yall have good pay up there. I just got my yearly step raise and just bumped 38K.

As for being new, its not bad. I work 3rd shift patrol On the Southside and have Tues-Wedn-Thurs off (we work 10 hr shifts)

rubber duck

Established Member
I remember when I was new having to prove my worth on the street, that was the toughest part I think. But once your shift mates see you can handle your own, you're in. They just don't want to get shot because of a snot nosed rookie. Hours were fine, they always spread the rookies out because they don't want more than a couple rookies on the same shift. Probie pay was $41k when I started, I think it's $50k right now, which I think is pretty good.

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Im new to my agancy too. I love the work, everyday is something new and different! Starting pay is $75k, great retirement (25yrs @ 80% + COLA), full benefits!

Users who are viewing this thread