New L owner...Q's about first dyno...

dagoboy

The Wop
Established Member
Well it's about time for my first post...i have had my 2000 for about a month now and i've just been stalking the boards, soaking up all the info i could. Finally received all my go fast goodies ($1800 worth....yikes)...and figured i should get a first dyno before installing all the mods. Roush was having a open house just outside Detroit and was offering dynos..so i said what the hell. The truck came w/ a K&N fipk and a Maggie exhaust,also some sort of chip....not sure what kind, if any...we'll get into that later.. . Anywho, out of 3 runs Max Power was 321 and Max Torque was 362.Run Conditions were 101.07F. How does that sound to all you dyno guru's? Is there problems w/ those #'s, if so what should i look for?

Current brown boxes of mods include:
Diablo Predator
Billetflow aux idler and pulley's(100mm)& stock s/c pulley
4 pound lower w/gatorback
JLP "Ram Air"
C&L pipe
NGK6's
160 stat
Accufab throttlebody
C&L Plenum

What kind of #'s should this get me?

203Cree

Established Member
With your goodies on I would think around 380-390/480-500. Those baselines seem a little low, but with the heat, who knows. Prolly right around where they should be. Welcome to the boards.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
With the Mods you list your numbers should be around 400 HP and 500 toqure. so put them on and go get it Dyno tuned. Then see what your numbers are.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
I dynod yesterday with the mods in the sig and put dowm 391hp and 500tq...with the mods you have it should be better than mine,.

Evil_SVT

Established Member
dagoboy said:
out of 3 runs Max Power was 321 and Max Torque was 362.Run Conditions were 101.07F.
that says it all right there, our trucks SUCK on hot weather, the truck will start pulling mad timing away and you wont get some real good nmbers,
next time let it cool off couple hours before the dyno.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I know it was hot but my truck is stock and I pulled 336 hp and 402 tq so there has to be something wrong. It was fairly hot when my dyno was done to.

JayL

Established Member
Those numbers look identical to what I pulled when my intercooler pump wasn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread