new knob

MustangMan0065

Established Member
Picked me up a new shift knob, since my leather was coming off on mine and the top metal was all scratched up.

It's a 2012 Boss 302 Mustang knob.

I love it

IMAG0306.gif

IMAG0305.gif

IMAG0304.gif

D's_SVeeTy

Established Member
How'd u get knob off

I know this may sound dumb but I tried to swap out my knob a while back and i could not get it off tried twisting it by hand even using a wrench on the bolt near not of the boot.

Thanks in advance

MustangMan0065

Established Member
mine came off pretty easily, i just turned on the knob and it spun right off, i know there is a flat spot on under it if you pull the boot up....i just got lucky i guess

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I know this may sound dumb but I tried to swap out my knob a while back and i could not get it off tried twisting it by hand even using a wrench on the bolt near not of the boot.

Thanks in advance

You may have to put a vise grip on the shaft of the shift lever to hold it still and then use the wrench on the flats on the bottom of the knob.

Worst case if you're very careful you could heat up the aluminum shaft coming out of the knob to soften any Loc-tite that may be in there.

I'd had some come off easily and others are pretty stubborn.

BTW- We have the Boss knobs in stock for $52.35 plus shipping. :beer:

-Steve

D's_SVeeTy

Established Member
OK i will try that....just to be sure is (left to loosen) rotating counterclockwise or is it threaded the other way??

MustangMan0065

Established Member
take a very small flat head screw driver and push on the forward most part(near the dash) and that should lift up and out i believe it was awhile ago sorry haha

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
It's best to use some Loc-tite on the threads and make sure you can let it set up for a while after installing a shift knob just because of this issue.

I've seen people do that with multiple different shift knobs.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I like that, might do that some day.
Anyone know of one like this with the 5 speed pattern in the ZX3 (2005)? My wife's knob is much more scarred up than mine, because of all her rings.

Users who are viewing this thread