New (Kind of) Car.

SHOspazz92

Established Member
A few months ago I took leave and returned to the United states to purchase a car that I had my eye on for a while. While I didnt get to bring it back to Japan with me, I did get to drive it around for 3 weeks when I was home. I think I posted it on every board but here....Anyways, Cant wait to return to the states and really start having fun with it. :)

Anyways, Its my 4th Taurus SHO and I think this is my favorite one yet =).

DSCN2177.jpg

DSCN2180.jpg

And here's the day I bought it trying to Rush it home to California from Arizona so I could show it to my dad before it got dark. :D

DSCN2153.jpg

The suspension/Brakes...

Slvr_brkstrt.jpg

And the Engine...
engine.jpg

Anyways, You'll notice the Battery acid marks on the Left side of the engine bay. The previous owner used to Road course this car a lot. One of the Tech's inspecting the car somehow knocked loose one of the covers and the car went a few laps with Battery Acid flying around in there! :uh oh:

In any case, Its mods are as follows...

SHOShop catted "equal length" Y-Pipe
Fibertuff 9-puck clutch disk
SHOnut teflon impregnated alumina ceramic coated TOB release shaft bushings
SHOnut hybrid ceramic TOB
Tim Dahm aluminum rear STB
Aluminum sub-frame bushings
Brake ducts
12" Bondurant/Baer brakes with braided stainless lines. Fresh PF pads on the front, Porterfield R4-S pads on the rear..
Tokico struts with Intrax springs.
20.5mm/26mm swaybars
BMR adjustable rear control arms w/H-Brace
Rear knuckle braces.
Schroth 4-pt ASM Rallye-4 harness (tucks away when not in use, factory 3-pt still in place).
Transmission vent hose with filter.
Transmission drain plug.
Subframe is powdercoated Ford blue.

Thanks for looking. :rockon:

-Sam

SHOspazz92

Established Member
AROD said:
I don't know much about SHOs. Can you explain what is special about them? Thank you

In 1989 They were Introduced with a all Yamaha Built 3.0 DOHC 220 Horsepower V6 Mated to a Mazda transaxle. Theywere the first production FWD car to have more then 200 horsepower, Would get to 60 in less then 6.5 seconds and do 145 MPH. They cost a little more then 20 grand and its closest competitor at the time was a 50,000+ Dollar BMW M5. At the time, They were the shit.

Today they are about as special as a 95 Toyota Tercel. There a Niche Car with a Decent following, But not much more. There are a lot of us tho who love these cars to death and want to keep them on the road as long as possible. We also wouldent be caught dead in a Normal Taurus. I think the one thing that most SHO enthusiast's are proud of is the fact that it took Many Car manufactures over 10 Years to bring out an affordable Mid size performance sedan that could do what a 1989 Taurus SHO could do...

That is all. =)

-Sam

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread