New Key Programming

93LITE

Established Member
I need to get another key for my 96 cobra, and the dealer told me I had to make a service appointment to have the key cut and programmed. Is this correct, or are they just wanting to charge me for the service appointment. I thought I saw one for sale on one of the Cobra sites or ebay and it said it had programming instructions with it. Any of you guys know for sure?

Mystic 544

Established Member
I know it will take a little time and cost some $$$'s
What a PITA!
Hey, where are you located at...noticed your nice line up of rides :) I'm up here in the burbs...Elgin

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
You certainly will be able to program it yourself, I know starting with the '98s it has to be programmed at the dealership with a box that plugs into the rear hatch area. However, the blank has to be cut first, so it will turn to the "on" position...

93LITE

Established Member
Mystic544, I'm way down south in the central part of the state, just off I57 & I70. That's great that I can do it myself, that way the dealer doesn't have to touch my car, scratch it up and charge me for it!! Is there a procedure out here somewhere on how to do it? Hope so! Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread