NEW JLT Next Generation Cold Air Intake now shipping

Tucker

It amazes us how many Lightning/Harley intakes we sell on a weekly basis, so we bit the bullet and did a redesign to the Rotomolded Next Generation style like we did with all our other kits.

Kits are in stock and shipping.
Only $229

JLT Next Gen Lightning/Harley CAI

We are excited to bring you the all new JLT Next Generation BIG Air Intake system for the 1999-2004 Ford Lightning; 2002-2003 F150 Harley Davidson available in black textured plastic and coming soon painted body color.

NEW TUBE DESIGN
The JLT intake tube is 4 1/4" ID, roto molded plastic to resist engine heat and keep the intake air charge nice and cool. NO METAL TUBING HERE!!
Uses factory PCV and IAC lines!

FINISH OPTIONS
Standard finish is an OEM looking black textured plastic and also COMING SOON in your cars exact body color. All painted tubes go through an in-depth process to remove all the texture, then we use only the best quality materials to give each tube a smooth gloss finish.

HEAT SHIELD
Includes ABS plastic heat shield to block engine heat at low speed and idle.

GAINS
12-15 RWHP are typical with this kit.

EASY INSTALL
The new design, detailed instructions and online video instructions helps make this an easy install.
Install Instructions

Kit includes:
•JLT Plastic Intake Tube
•Silicone Coupler
•Silicone Reducer
•ABS Heat Shield
•4x12 S&B Powerstack Air Filter
•MAF Adaptor
•MAF Adaptor Gasket
•MAF Silicone Spacer
•HD Clamps & all needed hardware

Attachments

• IMG_7162.JPG
    IMG_7162.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_7136.JPG
    IMG_7136.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_7107.JPG
    IMG_7107.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 1,157

smitty1991

Established Member
My iac tube pulls a little as well but not enough to be an issue. Overall im really happy with it
1bf9bd915e274bdf4a9b0613bd4a187d.jpg

Last edited:

Tucker

Looks Great. Very nice engine compartment!
I just went back out to mine to see what is "tight" and I see nothing even worth mentioning.

The grommet in the tube is in the same location on every tube
The hose is long and loose under the blower
The rubber 90 has a couple inches of connection on the hose and fitting

Fits good to me, Black99 can you send me pictures of what you are talking about?
20141113_084751_resized.jpg
20141113_084757_resized.jpg
20141113_084817_resized.jpg

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
As you see in the pictures I own the same set up as you and there is no issue with that hose. I also have not had any calls about such either.
Do you have the stock blower, inlet, throttle body or have a spacer some where?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Tucker, you know I didn't think about having the phenolic spacer. Sorry about that. Great piece!:coolman: I would recommend to anyone looking for a CAI for our trucks.

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
Jay- I had planned on getting an FIPK for my latest Lightning, but after seeing your support of the forum, as well as your coming out with a new product for this platform, I purchased your intake instead.

It's an awesome product and I feel confident I made the right choice.

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
Where does iat sensor mount?

The sensor mounts in the elbow with a rubber grommet. Very nice and tight fit. In the picture in the original post, it's the grommet at the bottom of the elbow.

Just random data here...but after running the stock airbox for over a year and monitoring IAT1 daily with my Aeroforce, it takes a considerable amount of time for IAT1 to return to ambient once the stock box is heat soaked. In fact, at times it'll never return.

With the JLT, IAT1 starts dropping immediately and returns back to ambient.

Dusten

Established Member
The sensor mounts in the elbow with a rubber grommet. Very nice and tight fit. In the picture in the original post, it's the grommet at the bottom of the elbow.

Just random data here...but after running the stock airbox for over a year and monitoring IAT1 daily with my Aeroforce, it takes a considerable amount of time for IAT1 to return to ambient once the stock box is heat soaked. In fact, at times it'll never return.

With the JLT, IAT1 starts dropping immediately and returns back to ambient.
Hmmmm maybe I'll sell my c&l and jlt adapter

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Any Pictures of the HC Tube? In the picture it shows the maf mounted horizontal, can it be mounted in the stock position?

Users who are viewing this thread