NEW JLP style ice box-polished finish

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
this is a brand new True Forged intercooler resevoir for 2nd Gen Lightnings. This is NOT our ICey Res but is the same size/shape, just without the a/c core. This box mounts in the spot where your windshield washer fluid resevoir goes. there is no modification necessary to make this fit, besides removing your windshield washer fluid res. this box fits perfectly in its location, no extra holes to drill.

$220 shipped and ready to go!

The box has a highly polished mirror finish.

there is currently no etching on it but i can have SVT etched on to it for an extra $20.

i can also have it clear ceramic coated which will not only help to expel heat from the box, and retain the cool, but it also allows the box to be maintenance free. no polishing or fingerprints or smudges. just wipe it with a cloth, like chrome. this is an extra $30.

as you can see here, our polisher was a little overzealous and smoothed out the welds a little. (we have since told him not to do this any more unless specifically requested).

i have FIVE more of these boxes (besides this one) which have not been coated or etched yet. they are still in raw aluminum form. if youre interested in picking one of those up, email me at [email protected]

we are seeing that there is not a big market for these and will probably not make any more unless we have at least a few people interested, or a distributor buys a few. right now, none have expressed much interest in the Lightning version. so this may be one of the last ones....

IMG_7790Medium.jpg

IMG_7791Medium.jpg

IMG_7792Medium.jpg

IMG_7793Medium.jpg

IMG_7794Medium.jpg

IMG_7795Medium.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you can see a number of installed pics in this thread
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447276

that's the ICey Res. exact same box as this but with an a/c core. this box actually started life out as an ICey Res but was aborted because their wasnt enough interest to do a GB.

weeks later, TruBlue L got a GB going, after these were already sealed up and couldnt be used as ICey Res any more :bored::cuss::read::-D

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I wonder if it would be worth it or maybe just save my cash for an icey res

use both :thumbsup:

that's what im going to do.

you can either get the ICey Res that mounts in the battery's location or the one that remote mounts under the truck. AND still use this box to fill with ice. double whammy on cooling right there! :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
How would you run the A/C lines under the truck?

the box is mounted right at the front of the truck, down low. the lines just run up. easy peasy.

and depends on the order you run everything in. you could go straight to or from the HE that is right there, then to the ice box which is right above it.

Schmuckingham

Established Member
the box is mounted right at the front of the truck, down low. the lines just run up. easy peasy.

and depends on the order you run everything in. you could go straight to or from the HE that is right there, then to the ice box which is right above it.

I would run it in the order making most sense and making tyhings very cool.

So what are we looking at for the res with clear shipped to 44805? $250 shipped or plus shipping

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
and it comes with all the a/c fittings to hook up ?

this ice box version doesnt require any special fittings. it uses your factory hoses. if you run it in a fashion that re-directs the flow, then you might need adapters as some of the hoses are different sizes. the was designed to replace the stock plastic resevoir. you dont really need to keep that dinky little thing.

I would run it in the order making most sense and making tyhings very cool.

So what are we looking at for the res with clear shipped to 44805? $250 shipped or plus shipping

yep, $250 shipped. youre talking about clear ceramic coating right? and that's not for THIS polished one. that would be for a non-finished box in raw aluminum finish. (ill post a pic in a while).

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Well whatever is easier to keep clean and i can order right now

you can take your choice of either a standard aluminum box with a clear coating or this here polished box with a clear coating. both are ready to be coated do you want nice and shiny or plain metal? that's the only choice to be made here :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
folks, i just realized that i priced this here polished box at the raw aluminum price. i was probably still waking up when i posted it. SO, you're actually getting $30 off for the polishing charge, which i paid for. which means im selling this particular box here at almost zero profit :bash:

but since i posted this price and a ton of people have already seen it, ill leave this one as is.

which means YOURE GETTING A DEAL! so if you buy this one and pay with paypal you gots to pay the 3% fees :poke:

and, the other boxes i have left are just waiting to be shipped. if you (ahem, shmuckingham) want to have it clear coated, it will only take about a day or so plus time to get the box back to me. it could ship out as early as wednesday this week.

Last edited:

BDAZSVT

Established Member
Did you sell the polished one?
What would a nonpolished non coated (I will polish) cost me?
Shipping?47630

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Did you sell the polished one?
What would a nonpolished non coated (I will polish) cost me?
Shipping?47630

this particular one has a sale pending. since then, ive had three more people step up and order polished ones (theyre being sent for polishing today).

that leaves just THREE boxes left. those three have NO finishing whatsover on them right now and are ready to ship out. $220 shipped for the standard, non-finished box.

all of a sudden these are moving. :shrug: i may have to have another batch made :banana:

ill be posting a new "for sale" thread for the standard box soon, with pics.

Users who are viewing this thread