New-ish to the terminator, tuner help

SVT DAN

Established Member
I've had my cobra for about three weeks now. I purchased it completely stock with 6K miles. I have recently purchased the bassani X pipe with interchangeable cat/flow pipe (damn u va) borla stingers, k&n cold air and billetflow throttle body and plenum. No pulleys or cams or headers. My question is, should I get a tuner and get it tuned after intake and exhaust mods or can I wait till I buy a pulley. As of rite now the beast is a casual driver with no track time. Not ready to break halfshafts and blow rears. Thanks for the help

SVT DAN

Established Member
Yeah? I appreciate the help. My friend has a sonic blue cobra and said After all the mods I have to put on, a tuner may be need but he wasn't sure.

Ironhand

Banned
Id do all the mods at once to include the blower pulley, aux idler, and then get the car tuned at that point. The pulleys are relatively cheap but add a good amount of power compared to the cost of the exhaust setup or T/B.

It costs the same to tune the car regardless of mods. Might as well save some money and only do it once.

SVT DAN

Established Member
Yeah that's a good idea, I didnt think about that. But when u say "get it tuned" are you talking dyno tuned or just a diablo tuner?

Ironhand

Banned
Dyno tuned! Its the only way to ensure the A/F ratio is correct. You can road tune the car like HBH does but thats a different story. The Diablo cant get that precise.

SVT DAN

Established Member
Ok cool, they have some good mustang dyno's in the southern Maryland area I know of. I appreciate all your help bro. I eventually wanna be able to eat up Z06's on the street. So I need all the help I can get with modification information.

Ironhand

Banned
Z06 will be later down the road. Look up Tuners in your area and we can help you with who is gonna be good or not. There are alot of "Tooners" out there. You need to stay away from them. Look up Horsepower By Hermann and see how close he is to you. He is a great guy and a kick ass tuner. Jon Lund is in PA and also a great tuner, Not sure how close that is to you but names you can look up information with.

SVT DAN

Established Member
I googled Jon lund and he has good rep I think I'll try him. Just have to see what the prices are. And should I trailer the car with all the mods put on? Considering the a/f ratio will be off?

zukman31

Established Member
If your in VA you might want to talk to Dan @ Pro Dyno.He is in Ft. Mill SC, but it is right at Charlotte NC. He knows his stuff. He did all the tuning on my last mustang and after cams exhaust and every bolt on possible with NOS he had my car running perfect. Even with the comp XE270AH`s it would idle so smooth at a stop light even with the air on and it would run like a beast...

Users who are viewing this thread