"new inventory" section lists '14 black/black vert @ $5113 below msrp in Ohio

reason4treason

Established Member
Liberty Ford in Parma Heights, OH has in their new inventory section a '14 black/black vert advertised on their website at $5113 under msrp of $69,695 for a price of $64,582. Didn't talk with them but the ad refers to the discount as 'instant savings'.

window sticker viewable at their website ad.

reason4treason

Established Member
well after i called them i poked around the website more and saw a '14 Focus for -$45. yup you read that right. negative 45 dollars. so they'd pay you $45 to take it.

it may be just unskilled people...or else maybe the Focus ad is to cover for the GT500 ad.

there's an ad still on cars.com from Russ Milne in Michigan that has A/Z Pricing. it's on the dealer's website too and has been for 2 months.

i did see another just listed today in another state that says 2751 discount on a 14. i sent them an email 'cause they're closed now.

always gotta watch out, but if it's local you can at least drive over there and yell at 'em or maybe put a cardboard sign in the window of your DD that such and such are liars and cheats and maybe do something about their local reputation. but if the dealer is 2000 miles away, of course that's useless.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Alot of dealers have an algorithm set to price all cars at invoice, to attract attention to their cars on 3rd party websites. Usually they'll honor it, but they have disclaimers in place so that if something like this happens, they don't have to.'

As for the (45), someone in accounting is an idiot

reason4treason

Established Member
Internet

$1,955*

MSRP $20,600*
Instant Savings -$18,645*
Internet $1,955

Well this morning the Focus price (above) has gone up, so I can't get paid $45 to take the car anymore. They added a second '14 GT500 to inventory, but good to see the GT500 (below) ad that the guy admitted is wrong is still there.

$64,938*

MSRP $70,090*
Instant Savings -$5,152*
Internet $64,938

Users who are viewing this thread