New intake for the slow car

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Well I was debating between two main options for my build to hold up with medium to high levels of boost. I ended up with the MMR road runner. Thanks to Terry over at Beefcake racing for a good deal and would not hesitate to do business with again.

When it originally arrived I was a bit upset I never really knew that came with an actual road runner logo ontop.

IMG_05701.jpg

I fretted about it for a while then said to hell with it. Ended up in the shop.

IMG_05711.jpg

A little elbow grease / sanding later

IMG_05751.jpg

IMG_05851.jpg

Overall its one sick piece of work and would definitely recommend it to anyone going high boost. I'll probably end up annodizing it or maybe power coat but im playing with it till I get the rest of my parts.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Yea ive had a few cnc parts which have no welds annoed before and came out good but makes sense on the welds not to mention i can get powder coat for cheaper.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Plastic intakes can only hold so much boost i will be pushing close to 25psi and i dont know if youve ever seen a plastic intake pop it isnt pretty not to mention the stock tb is good for over 1200 on boost

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Plastic intakes can only hold so much boost i will be pushing close to 25psi and i dont know if youve ever seen a plastic intake pop it isnt pretty not to mention the stock tb is good for over 1200 on boost

jpc just ran 8.0 on the stock plastic intake :shrug:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Not all intakes are made the same ive heard of some surviving and some popping. So why take a gamble when you have a big investment?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
If you where dropping the coin for this intake I would've had them do the GT500 oval TB upgrade to it anyways. Might as well if your going big.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
If you where dropping the coin for this intake I would've had them do the GT500 oval TB upgrade to it anyways. Might as well if your going big.

Oh well now, he has the majority of it so wouldn't be hard to weld one up if need be in the future.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
That intake looks sick! I've never seen one mounted on a car but the ones I've seen didnt have a logo like yours. I like the welds and the smooth area up top. Some custom work can be done to slap on your own logo or whatever

Users who are viewing this thread