New injectors.

a94cobra

Established Member
I have a 94 Cobra. 5.0l. I am going to install new 36lbs injectors. I know I need to get the mass air calibrated or get the chip reprogrammed.

But until I do that, how bad will the car run? Will the car run? Will it just dump to much fuel or what is the result?

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Yeah the injector pulse widths of the car will all be based off of a 24# scale so basically it will run very rich and very poorly but it will probably run.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
If you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator you may try to lower it to around 30psi wth the vacuum off and see if that helps becaus with the lower pressure less fuel will come out with the same injectro pulse width.

a94cobra

Established Member
It does run. It is real rich though. But runs. So rich some black smoke comes out of the the tail pipes. I will try turning down the fuel pressure tomorrow. I can live with it for now, not a daily driver, till I can get the chip re-burned.

a94cobra

Established Member
Ok, I dropped the pressure to 30. It runs much better now. No noticable black smoke out the tail pipes and idles better, not like it wants to die.

Users who are viewing this thread