new info on 2013 gt500 price!!!

svtsupersnake

Banned
So i have learned from a head manager at ford that ford has a price ceiling for how high they can increase their price on cars. The max price increase at invoice between the 2012 gt500 and 2013 is only 3%. That is the worst case scenario for price increase. So really it will only increase by around 1500 to 2000 depending on no options or all options.

svtsupersnake

Banned
Well this is what they told me because the manager said they are still doing it at the same factory and the materials are the same quality so thats why they dont really increase the cost by that much plus they arent allowed to go over 3 percent so thats nothing.

svtsupersnake

Banned
Thats what I said. But the manager was like yea but the labor is the same the materials are the same so thats why. But beyond that he said ford is not allowed to go over that 3 percent level. Something that had to do with real estate or maybe he was just using that as an example I don't remember.

gkviper192

Established Member
i totally hope you are right but... CF driveshaft isn't the same materials.. and the TVS has to be more than the previous SC.. like i said I really hope you are right though

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
gtfo dude, theres no price cap.... if they wanna add 5k they will. especially with all the new stuff coming. frankly, even at @ 55-58k, its still an amazing buy

VegasMichael

Established Member
Minus the ADM's it would be a price that would cause the current unsold '11s and '12s to collect even more dust. Unless, of course, the prices of those said '11s and '12s comes down below invoice and have substantial rebates.

svtsupersnake

Banned
the ford head manager at 2 dealerships told me the same thing. That they said the company is not allowed to go over 3 percent. The r&d on that car is not that much. They have not put any new technology in that car what so ever. All tech in that car has already been discovered and is just being applied. That does not mean the price of it will sky rocket like they just invented the ipod or something. They said 3 percent above invoice. I dont pay attention to them charging above msrp because ford dealerships in my area dont do that. All i know is that the invoice price of a 2013 shelby will AT AN ABSOLUTE MAX be 3 percent above a 2012 invoice shelby.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I can agree with that. That would put a pretty loaded Shelby coupe right around the magical $60K. Off course things like a glass roof, vert, etc will probably get you close to $65K

Last edited:

svtsupersnake

Banned
i just want the nav,performance package, and maybe glass roof. I am debating on recaros since i remember when i very briefly sat in a shelby with them they felt very stiff when the regular seats feel like i'm sitting in a lazy boy or massage chair or something.

brianz426

Established Member
i totally hope you are right but... CF driveshaft isn't the same materials.. and the TVS has to be more than the previous SC.. like i said I really hope you are right though

^this^

the ford head manager at 2 dealerships told me the same thing. That they said the company is not allowed to go over 3 percent. The r&d on that car is not that much. They have not put any new technology in that car what so ever. All tech in that car has already been discovered and is just being applied. That does not mean the price of it will sky rocket like they just invented the ipod or something. They said 3 percent above invoice. I dont pay attention to them charging above msrp because ford dealerships in my area dont do that. All i know is that the invoice price of a 2013 shelby will AT AN ABSOLUTE MAX be 3 percent above a 2012 invoice shelby.

Again I hope you are right about the 3% max. I don't know what part of Maryland you are from ( I'm in the Balt.-Harford County area) but I can tell you for sure that all the dealers around me have been doing ADM's on (all "R" models) and SVT vehicles since the '03-'04 Cobras for as long as they could get away with it. So let me know what area you are from and I'll shop for my 2013 GT500 where you live. Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread