New idea for composite intake?

stang99

Okay...you know how sometimes you come up with the coolest ideas in your dreams...well how about this one. Check out this link http://www.northernautoparts.com/ProductDetail.cfm?ProductId=1998 and then think about making an intake out of the same material. You could even make valve covers and oilpan out of this stuff. Now I have no idea if this would work or not (so dont flame) but it would be cool to see whats going on under those vavle covers and intake. I would think it would stay cooler than metal and might be lighter too? Not sure how heat or chemical resistant it is? What do you guys think?

"same material used in bulletproof glass"

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I would think that if it could be done then you would have seen it already.:shrug:

It would be cool to see how the mechanics of the stuff works though. I remember a long time ago when I was young my dad had bought my brother a working motor that you put together and it was clear so you could see how everything works. It was probably near the size of a real car engine. He never did put it together though; I always thought it would be cool to see.

stang99

Originally posted by WireEater
I would think that if it could be done then you would have seen it already.:shrug:

I guess your right....probably would have been done already if it could be.

It would be cool to see how the mechanics of the stuff works though. I remember a long time ago when I was young my dad had bought my brother a working motor that you put together and it was clear so you could see how everything works. It was probably near the size of a real car engine. He never did put it together though; I always thought it would be cool to see.

HAHA...I had a smaller version of that clear engine when I was younger too man...and mine never did get finished either.

Users who are viewing this thread