New IC Coolant tank for my 03 Cobra

SeankySnake

Established Member
I got a call from Velocity Turbo Systems(Velocity Turbo Systems - Custom Mustang and Performance Ford Turbo Systems Kits) the other day and they said that they wanted me to test fit and wanted my thoughts/review of this "new product". I was like ok, tell me what it is. They said no, wait until you recive it and let us know what you think. I said sure send it to me and they then said "your gonna want to keep it, b/c your going to like it that much. I kinda blew that off and was like "yeah right". So this is what they sent me.

CobraFrameRailTank10.jpg
[/IMG]

CobraFrameRailTank14.jpg
[/IMG]

CobraFrameRailTank13.jpg
[/IMG]

CobraFrameRailTank12.jpg

CobraFrameRailTank11.jpg
[/IMG]

CobraFrameRailTank15.jpg

CobraFrameRailTank16.jpg
[/IMG]

What I really like about this is that the battery tray is completly removed and has a killer "frame rail" mount. Check it out.

CobraFrameRailTank20.jpg
[/IMG]

From the passanger side looking at the driver's side
CobraFrameRailTank4.jpg
[/IMG]

From the bottom looking towards the top
CobraFrameRailTank7.jpg
[/IMG]

I also like the fact that there are many more hose fitting locations for the fead and return lines. And the size of the fead and return lines are almost the same size of the inlet/outlet of the HE as well, for better flow and circulation. As far as the welds go, they are second to none, Top Quality for sure! As far as the capacity goes it hold a little less than 2.5 gallons:bowdown: say goodbye to heat soak and power fade, now I wondering how much ice I can get in there.:beer: Needless to say I was beyond impressed and I called them today to tell them I'M NOT SENDING IT BACK!:rockon: and just bill me for it, and send me another one for my wife's car.

BTW: this was test fitted to my wifes 04 GT in which I'm currently pulling the motor out of and replacing it with a blown 5.0 MOD. I took the battery out of my 03 Cobra late tonight and it fit like a glove. Now it is time to save some more $$$ for AN fittings and push loch hoses to complete the isntall on my 03 Cobra, when I have the time:bash:

Some may ask why is there a bung on top? I plan on using it for a small temp guage to see what my actual temps are in the coolant tank, and some may use it as a return bung or whatever. Let me know what you guy think. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread