New Hood: Yay or Nay?

Hoods: Which one?

• Total voters

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
An aftermarket hood is on the bottom of the future mod list so this is nothing I am considering anytime soon. But I do like the idea of a lighter hood, letting heat escape and cold air in, and a little more engine clearance since my blower and plenum are already touching the hood insulator pad.

If I had to think about hood choices, this is what I have come up with so far not in any particular order. I am also open to any other hood suggestions.

Last edited:

93cobra2776

a.k.a Lee93
Established Member
I would like to see the heat extractor hood on a fox. That might be cool. I am running a cowl hood on my car

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
I really like that one to. I am curious though as if it will fit with a blower. Doesn't it look like it might have clearance issues?

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
This is the only car that I could find on the net with the H.E hood. Kind of big pics though. I like the hood.

Edit: pics link down

Last edited:

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
Well so far I like the HE, 2.5", and the 1.5" the best. If you guys dont mind, post a pic of the 2.5" and the 1.5" if you have them.

svtdriven

Established Member
here's mine with a cervini's 2.5"

c1small.jpg

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
Can some one please post pics of that Heat Extractor hood??? The pics above posted by Naja have red x's on them. I really want to see how it looks on a Fox. I am wanting it for my LX Hatch.

Last edited:

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
Great looking cobras! Those hoods really look good. Thanks for the pics.

03Cobra04GT - The pics show up fine for me. Right click on the picture and go to properties and copy and paste the picture URL.

Users who are viewing this thread