• 2000 Cobra R hood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
So yesterday in the work parking garage some idiot backed into the front of my car.(2004 Silver Cobra Coupe) The car was in prestine condition.
Anyway, the car ended up scuffing the front bumper and hitting the front of the hood. The hood is cracked and the paint is all cracked where the vehicle hit. It basically crunched the hood down a bit.
So, I've spoken to the parking lot security, police and my insurance; pretty much im out my 500 deductible and insurance covers the repair.
Heres where my question comes in....
If you were getting a new hood and having it repainted probally with the front bumer resprayed too, would you replace it with the OEM style cobra, or go with a 200 Cobra R hood? Other?

Slow99x

Established Member
My buddy has a 03 Silver coupe and it looks awesome with his '95 Cobra R hood.
The '00R is too flashy IMO

Snake Plissken

Established Member
No cameras in the garage I take it? bummer! Sometimes it's impossible to find a spot where no one else can park next to you, but I always spend the time running around the lot/garage looking for it. I don't care if I have to walk further. If you plan on selling the car I would stick with the stock hood. I almost didn't buy my car 'cause the guy changed the deck lid & spoiler, it will cost me a little over $1,000 including paint for NEW deck lid & factory spoiler and I got the spoiler from a guy that bought it new (never used) w/3rd brake light for $300 and that's a good deal (call a dealer and see what they want for a spoiler & light..:eek:) No aftermaket 03-04 Cobra spoilers are made.

savant

Death Dealer
Established Member
I picked other just because theres a guy that will take you 03-04 hood and deepen the vents. You can find him in the open track section.

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
Looks like its gonna be a stock OEM. Im going to have them repaint the hood and bumper.

I did do my best to identify the culprit. Call the police filed a report with the building security.
Insurance hooked me up and reduced my deductible by half (250).
Im waiting till after the new year to take it in. Dont want it rushed or half assed.

justice

Established Member
2" cowl, Cobra R

cobrablack3__2.jpg

IMG_4224Medium.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread