New hood concept - pic

Matt-'00GT

Established Member
cobra_hood2.jpg

The center is a flat black, hot rod style, with a thin deep deep red pinstripe on each side.

Thoughts?

quad

Established Member
I would keep it the way it is. You would save money and it would look better stock imo.

95riosnake

Established Member
the only problem with flat black is it gets marks on it (from any kind of petroleum product, fingerprints, etc...). If you want to go with the retro look anyway, I would probably go with a satin black then.

Last edited:

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
95riosnake said:
the only problem with flat black is it gets marks on it (from any kind of petroleum product, fingerprints, etc...). If you want to go with the retro look anyway, I would probably go with a satin black then.

Dupont now makes a flatener for their clear coats, It will look just like flat black but with out the finger prints etc...........

Mach1Stang

1994 327 Stroker
Established Member
i love it. i think it looks great and it is unique. flat black is kinda hard to keep clean though, but it looks worth it.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I really like it. You do not need black wheels. I think it is different and would look cool.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
If you go that rout I would start the black even with the opening in the grill and paint the grill opening black also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread