new hood: Cervinis Type IV

cheftjpeck

Established Member
The hood is the cervinis type 4 ram air hood. The body work and paint was completed by one helluva artist in Pascal...he customized the hood inserts (the only thing that did not come with this hood) I will swear by cervinis in my experience....the pics are below....next up to get some wheels (still deciding) and complete my power mods with a supercharger upgrade to the 2.3 tvs....goal is 650-675 rwhp with no other reason other than to have.....other visual mods include the roush 1/4 window louvers and shelby side scoops

newhood001-1.jpg

newhood006-1.jpg

newhood002-1.jpg

newhood003-1.jpg

newhood004-1.jpg

newhood005-1.jpg

newhood011-1.jpg

newhood008-1.jpg

newhood009-1.jpg

Last edited:

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Nice...

I have this Cervini Type IV hood too, although mine continues to remain unpainted (white gel coat). Nice to see it after the paint is applied and with the Shelby lettering across the front, just as I eventually intend to do with mine.

As far as the heat extractors are concerned, that is the one thing I am having trouble getting past. I am wondering if I can modify the Super Snake vents to fit this hood instead.

cheftjpeck

Established Member
it was definitely heavy enough that my 80# MRT hood struts blew out...I just switched to 120# hood struts.. with the underside of the hood being complete and it have an excellent sturdy structure there is weight gain for sure....but for stability etc..its worth it ...IMO

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I was worried about how the Shelby letting would look with the seperator between the "E" and the "L". Looks quite good IMO

cheftjpeck

Established Member
Looks great! Looks much like my KR hood on my 09KR. Love the color with white strips. You did good with that hood with the shelby lettering.

thank you very much...took a little while and I was not going for exact KR style spacing since its not a KR....just thought the area looked blank without it there. I think I did a stagger of about 3 inches in between each letter with a 1/2 inch drag stagger from hood lip and scoop area to go with the shaping of the hood. I learned early on that it looked stupid if I tried to keep a straight line across as the hood has curves at scoop and front lip.
I still LOVE the KR hood allot more...but I do like the look of the cervinis allot as well...thanks for the compliments...

cheftjpeck

Established Member
I was worried about how the Shelby letting would look with the seperator between the "E" and the "L". Looks quite good IMO
thank you very much..I too was concerned as the scoop on the cervinis hood does come forward (The split) more than the actual KR hood or even the tru fiber hood does....but with a little shifting, measuring etc ..I thought it came out pretty good and really helps break up the nose a little more...

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I wonder if your body shop guy would be willing to do a customized grill insert for me as well? He did a good job - I am gutting bug guts in the engine bay.

cheftjpeck

Established Member
I wonder if your body shop guy would be willing to do a customized grill insert for me as well? He did a good job - I am gutting bug guts in the engine bay.
I can ask him...you would have to just install with the clips etc...I love the inserts as they can be removed as well if needed...

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
If you would be willing to ask him, that would be great. Removable inserts sound like a very good thing. Thanks :)

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
That was my peeve with the Cervini hood. I had the GT version on mine before they made this one and it to had no grill for the scoops. They make them for their other hoods just not this one for some reason.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Lack of front grill

They make a functional ram air kit for the GT cars, so the air is directed over to the air box. I think they just didn't bother to include it on the GT500 because it would take an extra step. The air is moving all around the engine bay, with a slight lip in the inner hood that may direct the air in the general direction of the CAI.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
definitely a good looking car(love the shelby style stripes on the hood, how they're only on the massive scoop), but i have yet to see a hood that i like as good as the stock hood. as the old saying goes, different strokes...

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I like the stock hood as well. It looks like it belongs there.

The KR and Super Snake hoods seem to add an extra bit of retro look to the car that suits well.

I like that the Cervini Type IV hood is relatively affordable, presents well, and also provides substantial hood clearance for the larger blowers (Whipple 3.4 & 4.0, KB 3.6LC w/ 1/2" motor mounts). Much better than trying to wrench a big blower under the stock hood and risking the possibility of header scraping for blower install purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread