New here

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I picked up a 05 F250 with the POS 6.0. Was a one owner truck with 80k miles and i got a good deal on it i think so went with it. I was wanting to know what websites you guys use to get info on the trucks. I have had people tell me that you can get a tune for better mpg and more TQ to pull with. Also not sure what mods are worth doing to help the truck and what are a waste.

fast ford brian

Established Member
Powerstroke Army , egr delete , rebuild oil cooler , coolant flush , coolant filter ,synthetic oil , stock air box, 4" exhaust ,sct tuner with custom tunes , edge dash monitor with pyrometer hook up for gauges.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Powerstroke.org.
Its only a POS to those who are undeducated and unwilling to fix the design issues.
Don't be a ignorant 6.0L owner, otherwise you will hate the truck.
First thing to do is get an Edge Insight or similiar monitor / gauges on the truck to monitor the oil cooler.
Then start down the fixing the design flaws path.
Only issues I've had with mine is the STC fitting failing on me. it gave me signs it was going...

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Powerstroke.org.
Its only a POS to those who are undeducated and unwilling to fix the design issues.
First thing to do is get an Edge Insight or similiar monitor / gauges on the truck to monitor the oil cooler.
Only issues I've had with mine is the STC fitting failing on me. it gave me signs it was going...

This. And these 6.0L Bible Table of Contents Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Last edited:

hotshoe77

Established Member
I have an 03 with the egr delete different oil cooler, head studed, tuner, and exhaust. It has been far my best truck by far and i also do alot of pulling

Dougdanger

Established Member
Powerstroke.org.
you mean its only a POS to someone who doesn't want to spend 10k dollars in mods on a truck just to make it run and drive like it should of from the factory?:poke:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
you mean its only a POS to someone who doesn't want to spend 10k dollars in mods on a truck just to make it run and drive like it should of from the factory?:poke:
Hindsight being 20/20 buying one 'new' really all you would need is a set of decent gauges to monitor the vitals. 6.0Ls with good maintenance records should run great stock...just like any truck they have their issues. However, now that the newest 6.0L is about 6 years old, you can find one that's already had the money dropped on it to address those problems, and being that it has the monkey on its back you can pick them up for 'cheap.' I'd still buy another one over a GM. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread