new here with a slow mustang

2004gt604

38FCKER
Established Member
pretty new here first post, ive got a 1999 mustang with a swapped out 04 gt engine (the last guy who had this car ****ed the original engine). the thing is bone stock and i wanna start doing some mods to be able to compete with a cobra i dont know a whole lot and have been doing alot of research. i want to eventually put a Whipple supercharger but ive been reading and the Whipple doesn't support the 2v gt engine? also if i did that would i need to strengthen the internals?

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
I would do a headers back exhaust... Mac and Bbk are good companies to go with that arent crazy expensive if ure going with Long tube headers, then get an off road x pipe and a catback of ure choice, depending how loud u wanna go either go with a chamberd muffler for a nice rumble or a straight through muffler for crazy loudness.... then go with a set of gears either 3.73's or 4.10's but if u want to put a whipple on then i would go with the 3.73's... far as the whipple its a great supercharger but not the best for a daily driver or for a motor thats not built for it, they produce a lot of torque so theres a good chance u would break something with the stock internals, i say if its not ure DD then go for it but if it is then go with a Centrifugal setup... also dump some money in suspension cause it dosent matter how much power u have if u cant put it to the ground

2004gt604

38FCKER
Established Member
yeah ive got bbk shorty headers going in with o/r x pipe and thunderback cat flowmasters it does have aftermarket suspension actually haha my bad, im willing to put the money into the motor to build it up

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Ure lookin at spending some serious money, it all depends on how much u want to spend too. Ik some people with these cars who have spent between 8k to 10 k.... I would look into the MMR short blocks they are fairly priced and they have a good rep on this forum

2004gt604

38FCKER
Established Member
how much more power would putting racing gears in? 3.73s what else should i do to it? otherr then putting a turbo or a supercharger on it

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
If your eventually wanting to run a whipple, look into the tork tech terminator kit. This kit allows you to run any blower from an 03/04 cobra on top of the gt because of the new intake manifold and pulley system. check out their website or shoot me a pm if you have any questions!

Users who are viewing this thread